Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 24 of 24

User Info Menu

I live in Belleville NJ, anyone here near me?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well . . I live in Central Jersey . . . and everybody in Central Jersey is from Noth Jersey. ;-)
    Patrick2 . . Heritage representative (now former)

User Info Menu

nice! patrick, may I ask where from in central jersey?

User Info Menu

Central Jersey at the Jersey Shore. Toms River. Originally Jersey City.

User Info Menu

how's the jazz scene there? You playing in a group?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingPanda View Post
    how's the jazz scene there? You playing in a group?
    Not much of a jazz scene here in Toms River. There are some good players, but they usually work out side of the Toms River area. Vinnie Corrao is close by . . Frank Cicala too. I'm no longer a gigging musician with no aspirations to ever again be one. My last paying gig was a wedding band gig some 22 years ago. I just want to keep studying jazz guitar and occasionally get out and sit in with some friends at their gigs, or jams.

User Info Menu

By your post, you sound pretty amazing yourself sir! I'm just a young cat in my 30's. You probably been slingin' when I'm still in diapers. You worked with heritage as a rep? How was that? Must been fun eh?
    Music may well be a higher language of the science of physics, revealing the why of things, as well as the how and having the capacity to influence the physical, emotional, and intellectual states as well as spiritual. --George Russell (LCCTO)

User Info Menu

Being a rep for Heritage was definitely great fun. I loved the interaction with the masters, Marv, Jim and Ren. I also value my on going relationship with them. But, the other side of that two sided sword, is that my name wasn't on their corporate resolution. I could only suggest . . not mandate. Heritage has its strengths and its weaknesses. The business side of Heritage is definitely a weakness for them . . but, a strength for me. I only wish I could have been more of a factor in changing that aspect of Heritage. But, it was, and still is big fun. Those guys really do know how to build a guitar. If only they were better at marketing and selling their product . . . . .

User Info Menu

I am in North Jersey in Montvale, which is the last exit on the Garden State Parkway. The NY state border is only about 10 houses away from where I live. Is that north enough for you? I am not sure where Belleville is but the towns around here are Ramsey, Saddle River, Park Ridge, and Pearl River(NY).
    "if only the best singing bird was allowed to sing in the forest, think how silent the woods would be"?

User Info Menu

i'm by toms river also, but from Newark and work there and have some family in belleville.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by richb2 View Post
    I am in North Jersey in Montvale, which is the last exit on the Garden State Parkway. The NY state border is only about 10 houses away from where I live. Is that north enough for you? I am not sure where Belleville is but the towns around here are Ramsey, Saddle River, Park Ridge, and Pearl River(NY).
    Heya Rich! that's awesome, I work 5 days a week in Nanuet NY. Do you have a band?
    Music may well be a higher language of the science of physics, revealing the why of things, as well as the how and having the capacity to influence the physical, emotional, and intellectual states as well as spiritual. --George Russell (LCCTO)

User Info Menu

Fireman engine, that's great to know. Do you have a band?

User Info Menu

Heya Rich! that's awesome, I work 5 days a week in Nanuet NY. Do you have a band?
    Yes, I do play with a band. We do bossa nova and have yet to play out (other than a farmers market we did). Where do you work?
    "if only the best singing bird was allowed to sing in the forest, think how silent the woods would be"?

User Info Menu

Yes, I do play with a band. We do bossa nova and have yet to play out (other than a farmers market we did). Where do you work?
    I work near nanuet mall, I work for a POP Display Design Company, I'm the graphics guy print and web.

User Info Menu

Fireman engine, that's great to know. Do you have a band?
    yes but it's not a straight up jazz band. we're a mixture of blues/jam/funk/rock/fusion/and a touch of jazz if
    that make sense.....lol

User Info Menu

sounds great fire engine! where u guys play?

User Info Menu

Hey Folks,

I just moved to Clark! I don't think that is too far from Belville.

Ryan

User Info Menu

I am not sure where Clark is. Is that somewhere near Mountainside?

User Info Menu

I am not sure where Clark is. Is that somewhere near Mountainside?
    Exit 135 GSP

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rtbrennan View Post
    Hey Folks,

I just moved to Clark! I don't think that is too far from Belville.

Ryan
    yea man, not that far, do you have a band? wanna jam?

User Info Menu

yea man, not that far, do you have a band? wanna jam?
    No band currently, been figuring out the scene since I have moved here. I'd be up for jamming sometime!

Ryan

User Info Menu

Hey, small world Ryan. See you at rehearsal tonight.

We should all get together and meet/play some time. I'll offer my place but I think I am more out of the way than some of you. I live in central NJ in Pennington. Very close to where I-95 goes in Pennsylvania

-Paul

User Info Menu

Hope this isn't too old a thread to respond to. I'm in Verona NJ, which is very close to the OP's location of Belleville. Would be interested in playing with some local musicians. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Hey Panda,

im in Nutley you still looking for folks to play with?