Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Hi
    Looking to find anyone interested in getting together in Geelong.
    I am not the most advanced player, getting old (mid 50's) and love modern Jazz.
    totally tired of jamming with BIAB and looking for REAL players to work with.

cheers

MIke

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi Mike looks like we are in a similar age group Im from Blue Mtns NSW & started a similar thread to you i.e. Australians out there. hope you have some success finding like minded near you.

User Info Menu

Hi dix_fix.. all pretty quiet at this end, still jamming with Biab, still looking for other players. Best of luck to you also and happy new year.

Cheers

MIke

User Info Menu

Hey Mike ,
    im from the geelong area living in grovedale. If you play guitar well i also play guitar. I gave up BIAB ages ago but got myself one of the DON ANDREWS JAzz guitar style solo books today from Billy Hydes. Love doin all this solo stuff. Hear from you soon. Heres my email addy to get in contact with me. music_tech_alumni@live.com

from
    Berni......

User Info Menu

Hi Music Tech
    Have sent you an email.. appreciate the response to my post

cheers

Mike
    Last edited by MikeJ; 01-08-2009 at 06:23 AM.

User Info Menu

got yu email. you sent me a mp3 of yuself playing also. Sounds good.

User Info Menu

Glad you liked it.
    If you are interested give me a call sometime and we can get together for a play.

User Info Menu

i can bring some of the stuff over i been goin thru lately. I got some solo jazz style pieces i been playin lately. Its the don andrews matarial if u ever seen or heard about it.

User Info Menu

I did learn some of the Simplified versions in my youth (still have the book somewhere). Check out the chord solo sections on this site also there is a wealth of info and some great arrangements (not that I can play them yet). Look forward to having a go at whatever you want to bring over.

cheers

Mike

User Info Menu

I will see which weekend i be free as this weekend i wanna hav a break and then maybe weekend after we can get together to play some of this stuff. Just let me know wen u busy and not busy. january seems to be one of those months when im busy and also my birthday will be on 21str january and i promised freinds up in melb to catch up with them on the following weekend.

User Info Menu

Tied up next Sat but Sunday clear, I work only part time Monday and Tuesday so any other day or evening of the week is fine..

User Info Menu

I also have a few older style duets written by Eddie Lang, Carl Kress and Joe Venuti if you are looking for a real challenge.. (somewhat beyond my skill at the moment but could be something to work towards).

cheers
    Mike

User Info Menu

I got some george golla duets that u can have a look at and also dont forget all the Berklee guitar material thats out there to.

User Info Menu

Looking forward to it

User Info Menu

you can even search this whole site to for more jazz info and material. You can go wrong here. I hope somebody out there has book 3 from the Don Andrews Series. If so let me know...

User Info Menu

it should have said you CANT go wrong here

User Info Menu

Hi Music Tech
    Just checked my filing cabinet.. From the Don Andrews Series I have
    Simplified Jazz Guitar Solos
    Improvisation for Guitar (Golla)
    Essential Technique
    Jazz Guitar Style Solo Book 1
    Plectrum Method 2

I will be in at the Bruce Clarke Workshop on Monday and see if they have a copy of Book 3

cheers

MIke