Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Lets get together and learn from each other, i'm beginner to imtermediate level
    Ken
    PS i play guitar

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Still waiting...lol

User Info Menu

where you located ?

Essex county and you

User Info Menu

Atlantic county.

So your way down in south jersey?

User Info Menu

yeah.

probably to far damit

User Info Menu

I've had some good luck (not a ton, but some) finding jamming buddies via craigslist.

I put up an ad last year and found a few good people to jam with, got wind of a good jam session from which I made some helpful contacts. One of the people who responded to my ad was actually another poster here!
    Oh, hi - if interested, I post a lot of playing/practice clips at www.instagram.com/JakeEstner

User Info Menu

Suggestions:
    -- Find jazz guitar teachers in your area and ask them if they'd be willing to share your phone number/email/etc. with current students - promise you'll help their students work on things the teacher is focused on so the teacher has a reason to help you. If you can't find guitar students, find people who play other instruments - you'll learn a whole lot about music generally and you'll gain a better sense of how guitar "fits" with other instruments.
    -- Montclair State has a big jazz program, if you can travel a bit you might be able to find some students who jam regularly -- they must have some online group.
    Best luck.

Sounds like a plan, thx

User Info Menu

Hunterdon County here, kinda central, slightly northish