Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15
    Last edited by lilmanbeingerasd; 10-05-2009 at 05:34 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

gotta hang around the velvet lounge and the green mill on organ jam night (haven't been there in ages, but it used to be wed. nights)--most folks there are open to stuff. talk to everybody, you never know.

if they do a chicago jazz trolley tour again next year, do it. jazz players at venues that sometimes rarely have music, and the atmosphere was really communal. (it was this past august) i was able to make some nice connections and hopefully will get together with some of these folks in the future.

and then there's me--are you a guitar player too, i assume? where are you located?

User Info Menu

I am in a group that has a regular Wednesday night jam session on the far Southwest side, at World Music Center, 103rd and Wood, if you are interested:

Welcome to Beverly Allstars
    You are welcome to sit in. I'm also in another group that jams regularly every Sunday at Senese's Winery in Oak Lawn:
    MySpace.com - Baba Jaga (The Paul Casey Quintet) - CHICAGO, Illinois - www.myspace.com/babajagajazz

User Info Menu

Hi, this my first post here. I just got on today and I've been checking out some of the chordal melody arrangements (very nice). Looks like a good website. I was going to wait to post but I saw this and couldn't resist.

Senese's is 5 minutes from where I live. Do you still jam there?

User Info Menu

Yes we do, but not with the regularity we did in better weather. You can find our schedule at: www.myspace.com/babajagajazz
    We play there once or twice a month.
    Every Wednesday, rain or shine, the other group I play with, the Beverly Allstars, plays at the World Music Center, 103rd and Wood, in Chicago, 7:30 to 10:00. Please come join us!!
    www.beverlyallstars.com
    We also play a couple of Saturdays a month at the Blue Moon Cafe, 99th and Wood.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jseaberry View Post
    Yes we do, but not with the regularity we did in better weather. You can find our schedule at: Baba Jaga (The Paul Casey Quintet) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    We play there once or twice a month.
    Every Wednesday, rain or shine, the other group I play with, the Beverly Allstars, plays at the World Music Center, 103rd and Wood, in Chicago, 7:30 to 10:00. Please come join us!!
    Welcome to Beverly Allstars
    We also play a couple of Saturdays a month at the Blue Moon Cafe, 99th and Wood.
    I think I saw some of you guys play in a trio format @the Berverly Arts Center last summer. The piano player doubled on guitar from time to time. I was invited to check out the show by a drummer named Mike Madden, who is friends with the bass player.

Unless I am, of course, totally off the mark. In which case, I apologize.

User Info Menu

We have played there quite a few times, but our piano player does not double on guitar; we have: piano, guitar, bass, drums in my group. Please come out and play with us if you can.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jseaberry View Post
    We have played there quite a few times, but our piano player does not double on guitar; we have: piano, guitar, bass, drums in my group. Please come out and play with us if you can.
    Cool. I'll have to check you guys out in the future.

User Info Menu

You can also check out City Lights in the 700 block of East 83rd street from 9p-1a and bring your ax.
    RF

User Info Menu

I now remember two of the three musicians I saw at the Beverly Arts Center last summer:

Rusty Jones, drums
    Pete Vancura, double and electric bass

The 3rd guy was the piano player who also played some acoustic guitar, but unfortunately, the name still escapes me.

User Info Menu

Rusty Jones is well known as a monster drummer; good lineup there.

User Info Menu

hello friend, how are you getting on with the jazz guitar forum?
    macopolo.

User Info Menu

can someone send a gibson jazz guitar to me,...

User Info Menu

anyone closer to downtown?

User Info Menu

I've been living in Chicago West Suburb for a couple of years.

Does anyone know any nice Latin jazz guitarist( like Al Di Meola) in Chicago area?