Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

Hello,

Anyone in central NJ (New Brunswick area)? Want to get together and play a bit? We could improvise a little (be warned: I suck!), sight-read duets (I'm an okay reader), or just listen to/analyze some Grant Green (with whom I'm trying to commune!).

Like I said, I suck ... but I'm having a grand old time! Here's are some Youtube clips I posted when I first bought my guitar:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice playing.
    "As for me, all I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates
    “Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.” - Alan Wilson Watts

User Info Menu

Nice renditions, well done.

User Info Menu

Thank you for the encouragement! I wonder what makes this forum so different from other places where people are so ready to tear your head off!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B. View Post
    Thank you for the encouragement! I wonder what makes this forum so different from other places where people are so ready to tear your head off!!!
    We are either more mature or more secure or both.
    "As for me, all I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates
    “Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.” - Alan Wilson Watts

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbler View Post
    We are either more mature or more secure or both.
    ... and a few of us got some of their own homework to do in order to become a better guitar player.

User Info Menu

You can check me out on youtube under kidpoker007, i'm in Essex cty

User Info Menu

Brian B.,
    I live down in Asbury, but am sometimes in New Brunswick for work. Drop me a line @ joewalsh456@gmail.com and we can try to get together to play. I have a few friends in Highland Park who might want to jump in as well.
    Joe

PS: We all suck too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    Brian B.,
    I live down in Asbury, but am sometimes in New Brunswick for work. Drop me a line @ joewalsh456@gmail.com and we can try to get together to play. I have a few friends in Highland Park who might want to jump in as well.
    Joe

PS: We all suck too.
    I'm down in Toms River. I'd be interested too!
    Patrick2 . . Heritage representative (now former)

User Info Menu

I'm in Essex county, lets get together people

User Info Menu

I'm game. Where can we meet? My apartment has neighbors who would balk at the "noise"--otherwise I would say come here. I can easily travel to Essex, NB or Toms River. There are also rehearsal studios all over the place we could grab for a few hours.

User Info Menu

Apologies guys . . . I would really like to do this, but, life keeps getting in the way. Sometimes I wish I could just chuck my business and devote my life to jazz guitar. But . . . . . . . . .
    Patrick2 . . Heritage representative (now former)

User Info Menu

yes i would like to get together
    ken

At this point, I'm thinking the end of June (I'm a school teacher). My playing time is so limited at this point, I think it would be too disruptive to my little practice sessions if I met with anyone now (as strange as it sounds). Over the summer will be much better. I don't mind driving a bit if needs be.

User Info Menu

Ok keep me posted

User Info Menu

Hey man, really nice stuff. You don't suck!

I'm in piscataway. I am just getting back into music actually. I go to Rutgers and I did a project for some class where I had to make a video. I decided to write a tune for it and all the sudden I'm back into music full swing! Also I am still learning. Maybe we could teach each other something.

This is my project video I just did; the only jazz I got:

Hit me up if you're up for jammin

User Info Menu

hi everybody,
    just signed up to this site and this is my first post....
    I'm in forked river just south of toms river...
    always up for a jam if anyone interested...
    email me
    fireman12engine@hotmail.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B. View Post
    At this point, I'm thinking the end of June (I'm a school teacher). My playing time is so limited at this point, I think it would be too disruptive to my little practice sessions if I met with anyone now (as strange as it sounds). Over the summer will be much better. I don't mind driving a bit if needs be.

good playing Brian....

User Info Menu

There is an open jam here in Asbury Park on Wednesday nights @ Chico's House of Jazz (http://chicoshouseofjazz.com/). I haven't been there in awhile, but when I last went the talent was pretty top notch and entertaining. I am not good enough to hop up and play at one of these sessions, but if anyone wants to swing by for a beer and listen/play, I'll join you.

User Info Menu

There is an open jam here in Asbury Park on Wednesday nights @ Chico's House of Jazz (http://chicoshouseofjazz.com/). I haven't been there in awhile, but when I last went the talent was pretty top notch and entertaining. I am not good enough to hop up and play at one of these sessions, but if anyone wants to swing by for a beer and listen/play, I'll join you.
    yeah, i've been there on a couple of times, but plan to go more...there's another open blues jam in bradley beach NJ tuesday nights at brewster (in the bowling alley)...i try and get there when i can...matter of fact i'll be there this coming tuesday april 10 if you want to meet up...

User Info Menu

fireman--Completely missed your post. If you're heading to Chico's or Brewster's again let me know, and I'll try to get there next time.
    Joe

User Info Menu

Might be a bit late, but I'm in Hunterdon, not far at all from New Brunswick

User Info Menu

WTF why aren't there any players in North Jersey

User Info Menu

Try here

DLV Lounge - Montclair, NJ

They have a jazz jam on Tuesday night. The Drummer, Bruce Tyler, used to also run the montclair jazz and blues festival.

He probably has a bead on where there are some jams happening in Bloomfield, Montclair, Verona etc.

He may also know some guitar players looking to jam as well.

User Info Menu

Thanks John

User Info Menu

Brain B. keep me posted when you get you jam session started. In Ewing NJ, will not mind driving up to New Brunswick

User Info Menu

fireman--Completely missed your post. If you're heading to Chico's or Brewster's again let me know, and I'll try to get there next time.
    Joe
    i'll be there tonight tuesday june 12....

User Info Menu

at brewters in bradley beach