Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

I am looking for someone to get together and play jazz with. I am an intermediate player. I can read music and someone to jam with. Anyone in the Albany area?
    Best regards,
    Matt

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Hm. Near Siena I see?

I go to college in Worcester, MA however I live in Pittsfield (45-60 minutes away...) And this summer I was going to do some shows in the Berkshire County area. But meeting up isn't really an option until late May...

User Info Menu

Excellent! Late May is good. PM when when you are ready. Enjoy the rest of the semester.
    Best regards,
    Matt

User Info Menu

I live just south of Syracuse - a little far, I guess?
    Wish there was a good jazz scene here. It blows!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teleman3726 View Post
    I live just south of Syracuse - a little far, I guess?
    Wish there was a good jazz scene here. It blows!
    That's why we upstaters need to stuck together. ;0

We can always meet in Utica, or some other mid-point.
    Best regards,
    Matt

Oh! Another thing; do you know of any restaurants/coffee places or the likes that I could play gigs at in the summer in the Albany area? If so you should let me know what they are I'm trying to play out often when I'm home. Don't go out of your way to search for them or anything, I'd feel bad if I made you do the work for me, just if you know any places off-hand that would be great...

Thanks a lot, let me know!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mtierney View Post
    Oh! Another thing; do you know of any restaurants/coffee places or the likes that I could play gigs at in the summer in the Albany area? If so you should let me know what they are I'm trying to play out often when I'm home. Don't go out of your way to search for them or anything, I'd feel bad if I made you do the work for me, just if you know any places off-hand that would be great...

Thanks a lot, let me know!
    I am happy to check it out for you. I'll pm you over the coming weeks with a few possible options for you to follow-up.
    Best regards,
    Matt

User Info Menu

Yeah, we can meet in Utica.
    Or I can just move to civilization! Ha!
    If you want to play crappy top 40 stuff from the 80s, shoot deer, live in the snow 6 months of the year, and get taxed up the ying yang, this is the place to be!

User Info Menu

I grew up in New Hartford. Albany was the big city. Today we had nearly 2" of snow, but I like it. I'm a cold weather boy.

We actually have a small, but decent set of jazz pros in the area. But not too many amateurs like me.

Anyway, PM me if you want to try and get together.
    Best regards,
    Matt

Only 15, but intermediate level. Getting very heavily into jazz, play piano and seven string. Watertown, and really looking for others to jam with and learn from. PM me sometime.

User Info Menu

greetings all...

I grew up in Chatham...Columbia County...and lived in Canaan (near the Mass border)..went to first grade in Pittsfield,Mass...

Long long time ago...

This is a great site....

Time on the instrument...pierre

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by StuffedTomatos View Post
    Only 15, but intermediate level. Getting very heavily into jazz, play piano and seven string. Watertown, and really looking for others to jam with and learn from. PM me sometime.
    Sure. Send me a pm. Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre richard View Post
    greetings all...

I grew up in Chatham...Columbia County...and lived in Canaan (near the Mass border)..went to first grade in Pittsfield,Mass...

Long long time ago...

This is a great site....

Time on the instrument...pierre
    I know the area well. Grew up spending summers in Tanglewood and swimming in the Kinderhook Creek.
    Best regards,
    Matt

User Info Menu

I am bumping this thread. I would love to find someone to practice with in the area.
    Best regards,
    Matt