User Info Menu

Hope all our US jazzers are enjoying and remembering on Memorial Day ...

Our standard for Jun 2021 will be Someone to Watch Over Me (George & Ira Gershwin, 1926).

Background:
    https://www.jazzstandards.com/compos...atchoverme.htm

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Nice job Ragman. Bittersweet tune for me. About 10 years ago I was playing a gig with my favourite bass player in town and close friend going on 30 years. At the gig he asked to play that tune because it was his favourite. He had never done that before so it was a little odd. He committed suicide a couple of days later. To this day I think he was trying to tell me he needed help. I get pretty choked up when I hear it.

User Info Menu

This is a great song. done by many Artistes, I just listened to Jon Scofield
    and Steve Swallow playing it Live, superb, then there is Sarah Vaughan !!

User Info Menu

I dunno why, but this version always hits me hard even though it ain't Sarah Vaughn or Billie Holiday...

Rag, methinks you'd like that rendition as well

User Info Menu

Quite nice. I found the voice grated a bit but the guitar had some very interesting voicings.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1 View Post
    Quite nice. I found the voice grated a bit but the guitar had some very interesting voicings.
    Yeah, I think the song would have been better presented by mixing the vocal down and softening the EQ. Those long sustained notes were not that pleasing to listen to as mixed.