Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Whiteman
    Great lesson Chris - you always explain things very thoroughly. Thanks for sharing - much appreciated.

User Info Menu

Chris,

Very thorough.

You are correct. Setting up the chart is important. Kessel did it well on "Indiana."

Hey, nice Slaman.
    Last edited by Greentone; 01-18-2021 at 12:53 PM.

User Info Menu

Excellent - thanks!

User Info Menu

Thanks so much! Barney was just great at comping in general. Love his work with Julie London!

User Info Menu

Another great lesson, Chris. Appreciate how thorough and patient you are.

User Info Menu

Really enjoyed this--thanks!

As a big Kessel fan I especially enjoy the Poll Winners series, which are a cornucopia of great intros from Barney. Have stolen a lot from them.

Danny W.

User Info Menu

Nice, that's a good one. It can work for many tunes too. Added to the catalog.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Greentone
    Chris,

Very thorough.

You are correct. Setting up the chart is important. Kessel did it well on "Indiana."

Hey, nice Slaman.
    Yes, "setting up the chart" was very helpful to me, given all of the inversions. Without that and how Chris explained the mostly non-root-based voicing that were used and the notes contained (especially the 3rd and 7th), I would have been saying to myself "that isn't a Fmin!".

This helps in what is my largest quest with regards to playing jazz guitar; to more seamlessly incorporate inversions instead of just going to the 6th and 5th string root chords I learned over 30 years ago!

User Info Menu

Oh the Slaman! Gorgeous guitar, and beautiful playing Chris!