The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

Happy leap year day (whether or not that is a "thing"), people!

Our standard for Mar 2020 will be It Could Happen to You (Jimmy Van Heusen & Johnny Burke, 1944).

Background:
    Jazz Standards Songs and Instrumentals (It Could Happen to You)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Here's mine. As usual, I didn't know this one before. I wasn't going to post, but I listened to it today and I didn't hate it as much as I did last nite. And hopefully I'll continue with it during the month and improve.

User Info Menu

For those who didn't like the weird version. Shame on you!

User Info Menu

It took me awhile, because I'm dense, but I was wondering why you were playing a tune called "Itchy".

User Info Menu

That's why I liked the acronym (I think that's what it's called). I could only see itchy too :-)

Anyway I can't spell hapen

User Info Menu

Or Twitchy

User Info Menu

It's a rip-off!

User Info Menu

After working through a few chapters of Garrison Fewell's book, I gave it a go using some of his methods.

User Info Menu

Hi Banjo -

Oh, that was better, sounds more thought-out. Familiarity with the tune helps, of course. No one's that good the first time. The blues sounds were good, suits the tune, I think.

Out of curiosity, what were the Garrison Fewell tips you were using, roughly? Not that I want to copy them or anything but for interest's sake.

User Info Menu

It's one of the study threads in the Improvisation forum. It's to do with triads w/extensions to create lines. It's something I've been interested in for awhile now, but never found anything I seemed to "get". His book "A Melodic Approach" looked good and has really made sense to me so far.

User Info Menu

Great. If it works, it works. It's appearing to :-)

Very glad you're still at it, by the way

User Info Menu

Walking bass comp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files