Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 51 to 69 of 69

User Info Menu

A solo version by Peter Bernstein:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Damn! I saw that earlier, Graham, and forgot to post it

Extreme maybe but not bad

I've got a carpet like that. £6 from Sainsbury's :-)

User Info Menu

He must like this tune, he did it on his solo record as well (Live at Smalls).

User Info Menu

Anyway, just a "read down." I think I'll keep playing this tune, it's bluesy, I like it.

Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz

"Jazz is like life...it goes on longer than you think, and as soon as you're like 'oh, I get it,' it ends."

--The Ghost of Duke Ellington

User Info Menu

Anyway, just a "read down." I think I'll keep playing this tune, it's bluesy, I like it.
    Really Bluesy)

What is the brand of your manouche guitar? Expensive one?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    Really Bluesy)

What is the brand of your manouche guitar? Expensive one?
    Nope, just about the cheapest decent one you can find--it's a Cigano. I absolutely love it.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

"Jazz is like life...it goes on longer than you think, and as soon as you're like 'oh, I get it,' it ends."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
    Nope, just about the cheapest decent one you can find--it's a Cigano. I absolutely love it.
    Your guitar does not look that 'yellow' as the cheapest Cigano on youtube))) The cheapest one seems to be laminated.

Yours is probably GJ-15? Solid top?

User Info Menu

Yeah, it's the 15. It's not as yellow as many of the pictures I've seen, but it's definitely "yellowy." Like, they obviously used a tinted finish. But it's not bad looking.

It's really lightweight, and it's louder and more responsive than a Gitane I had a few years ago that cost 3x as much. A friend of mine, who ran Caravan Guitars here in Chicago, even likes it, and he has a constant flow of 3-15k guitars going through his house

December 2018 - Don't Blame Me-cig-jpg

If you can find one, they can be kind of a steal, imho. The brightest part of the pic above is about the true color of the guitar, too. Pretty golden, a little hazy, like an IPA.
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

User Info Menu

Yeah, it's the 15. It's not as yellow as many of the pictures I've seen, but it's definitely "yellowy." Like, they obviously used a tinted finish. But it's not bad looking.

It's really lightweight, and it's louder and more responsive than a Gitane I had a few years ago that cost 3x as much. A friend of mine, who ran Caravan Guitars here in Chicago, even likes it, and he has a constant flow of 3-15k guitars going through his house

December 2018 - Don't Blame Me-cig-jpg

If you can find one, they can be kind of a steal, imho. The brightest part of the pic above is about the true color of the guitar, too. Pretty golden, a little hazy, like an IPA.
    We have here sort of 'manouche club' with jams and all.. they have a an online shop and they have special offer before New Year - new GJ15 is about usd350

User Info Menu

That's a pretty good deal. I paid a bit over 400 us for mine.

I love the music and the guitars...sometimes the people in the "scene" can be a bit much for me...
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M-ster View Post
    Sounded great, as usual. Did you play the piano and bass parts?
    B+
    Frank (aka fep)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep View Post
    Sounded great, as usual. Did you play the piano and bass parts?
    Thanks, fep. The piano and bass parts start with simpler input that I flesh out in a MIDI piano-roll view. (You're doing DAW stuff, right?)

User Info Menu

Yes, I DAW. It did fit the song so well, had me wondering. Thanks
    B+
    Frank (aka fep)

User Info Menu

That's a pretty good deal. I paid a bit over 400 us for mine.

I love the music and the guitars...sometimes the people in the "scene" can be a bit much for me...
    I love this music too and guitars but I just think I am not into it now.

And I know what you mean about 'scene'

User Info Menu

Look Yusef Lateef plays some different song here))))

It sounde like he plays around original just the notes are different))))

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    Look Yusef Lateef plays some different song here))))

It sounde like he plays around original just the notes are different))))
    He just doesn’t bother playing the head. His intro targets a few notes that are in the melody, but I guess he figured his audience knew the tune well enough he could skip the rest.

User Info Menu

No law against it, I suppose, and it's nicely played. At worst I guess it's just a bit confusing for the listener.

User Info Menu

He just doesn’t bother playing the head. His intro targets a few notes that are in the melody, but I guess he figured his audience knew the tune well enough he could skip the rest.
    Yes.. I understand this of course. Many plyers did that.

but his impro sounds like a head.. the style and shape of it. It is very unsual.
    I mean usually you can hear improvization byt the way the phrases are built too... there is some conventional feeling for it ...

like in classical music tehre are fragments that sound improvized though they are composed of course... it is something in the texture phrasing choices that sound as improvization.. same thing but for jazz..

And Yusef sounds as if it is just a different head.

User Info Menu

There is my new take with Band in The Box new technology soft :

Box

Best
    Kris
    ps.
    I/ve bought new BB mega pack/2019/.This is the best soft program for jazz muscicians.
    Recomended...
    Last edited by kris; 12-20-2018 at 04:32 AM.