The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 37 of 37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M-ster
    I know I say it every time you post something, but I love the single note tone you're getting!
    Thanks! As far as I know it’s largely down to picking technique, i.e. picking near the fingerboard and angling the pick so it doesn’t hit the string ‘flat side on’. On the 175 there’s a sort of convenient gap between the neck pickup and the fingerboard, I tend to pick there.

Of course having a 175 doesn’t hurt but I don’t think the guitar is as important as people think. A couple of times I’ve let other jazz players play my guitar and they sounded nothing like me.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KirkP
    Right—When you’re moving through the cycle of fifths you always have the option to do tritone subs, change minor-7ths to dominants, etc. ...As long as your bandmates are on the same page.
    Yeah, it's something I would infer when on bass stepping from a semitone above and possibly use a Gb under the C7. Wouldn't bother with explaining it to the others but always get a knowing grin from the guitarist who would invariably be doing something similar.

User Info Menu

Here is a monster guitar player , and very generous and kind man ...Mr. Mike Mckoy ...doing his face melting rendition of Sweet Lorraine...hang on to your hats !!!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Good one, M-ster. As usual. I liked the little bluesy fills. Good backing as well

User Info Menu

Nice version M-ster.

You inspire me to sit down and play around with the song.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Thanks, Vladan, I enjoyed that. Tons of enthusiasm! And a nice view of the jail :-)

Vladan is an anagram of vandal... pure coincidence, naturally

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Thanks, Vladan, I enjoyed that. Tons of enthusiasm! And a nice view of the jail :-)

Vladan is an anagram of vandal... pure coincidence, naturally
    thank you ragman1.

I found "area of firearms use" signs the oddest thing there. Also, walls are not very high, just enough.

User Info Menu

Are the guards armed like the American prisons? I thought I could see a watchtower.

Actually, that place has a terrible history, especially during the war period. I'm supposing you were quite young at that time. God knows what it was like.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Are the guards armed like the American prisons? I thought I could see a watchtower.

Actually, that place has a terrible history, especially during the war period. I'm supposing you were quite young at that time. God knows what it was like.
    Yes, there are watchtowers, but I do not know if there are any guards inside.
    During early '90s and civil war in former Yugoslavia, I was not that young, I am 51 at the moment, but for the good part of the period I was living abroad, so I do not have real connection with all of it.
    Terrible things happened, that much is certainly true.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vladan
    Yes, there are watchtowers, but I do not know if there are any guards inside.
    During early '90s and civil war in former Yugoslavia, I was not that young, I am 51 at the moment, but for the good part of the period I was living abroad, so I do not have real connection with all of it.
    Terrible things happened, that much is certainly true.
    I didn't think you were that old! Well done, you're obviously lasting well :-)

I'm glad you weren't involved in the conflicts. All wars are bad but that one was very nasty.