The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 60 of 60

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M-ster
    Thanks, Matt. Yes, the backing is me and my trusty PC. Not much of a rearrangement - I took most of my cues from the original Strayhan recording.
    Yes, clever backing... you've got that piano down well and it all suits. The improv's good too. Your note/scale choices are always just right. You must share your secrets sometime!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi M-ster,

Great playing!
    What guitar are you using?
    It sounds really good.

Hans

User Info Menu

Hi M-ster,
    Nice and interesting guitar plus midi take.
    I like your jazz guitar feel and sound.
    Best
    kris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hatim
    ... What guitar are you using? It sounds really good.
    Thank you, Hans. It's a modest Mexi Tele Standard that I bought recently. The forum inspired me to finally try/buy one. I never owned a Tele before.

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Hi M-ster,
    Nice and interesting guitar plus midi take.
    I like your jazz guitar feel and sound.
    Best
    kris
    Thanks, Kris. I need to get closer to your jazz Tele sound!

User Info Menu

Queen Latifah did a superb version of "lushlife" in the film 'Living Out Loud' with Holly Hunter and Danny Devito over 20 years ago. Great film, btw

User Info Menu

Thanks, Matt. Yes, the backing is me and my trusty PC. Not much of a rearrangement - I took most of my cues from the original Strayhan recording.
    Wow! M-ster! I'm very impressed. Great arranging and nice "lush" jazz piano chords too! You're some multi-instrumentalist! Love the recording too!

User Info Menu

Thanks, 2b. Funny about Queen Latifah -- I wasn't aware of the recording till I found it on YouTube. And I mentioned it in this thread's initial post: "Check the Queen Latifah recording (I'm serious!)."

She did a nice job, didn't she?

User Info Menu

Thanks, 2b. Funny about Queen Latifah -- I wasn't aware of the recording till I found it on YouTube. And I mentioned it in this thread's initial post: "Check the Queen Latifah recording (I'm serious!)."

She did a nice job, didn't she?
    She truly has the chops, and what a great modern arrangement! 10 time Grammy nominee, 5 time Grammy winner Mervyn Warren did the arranging on 'living out loud'.

But the film has been one of the favorites in my dvd collection since discovering it in '98. 2 thumbs up from me! Same for your arrangement too - Mighty impressive piano work too...I didn't know you played!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    ... Mighty impressive piano work too...I didn't know you played!
    Ha! Thank you. Actually, I only play well enough to get some notes into the PC, where I am fairly talented with MIDI.

(I'm still trying to play guitar!)

User Info Menu

Well, anyone selecting Lush Life as a guitar lesson of the month deserves special recognition!