Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 101 to 115 of 115

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps
    Ok, it's the end of the month. I'm still hoping M-ster submits a track or two.
    Ha! Thanks, Gramps & Rag. I was out of state for a week with relatives, but I'm trying to get something posted.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Ok, it's the end of the month.
    And I finally found your post!

I think you sound quite good here. Your time feel is good, laid back, that's so important. If I'm giving small critiques, I think some of the ascending chromatic lines sound a bit "forced," or "paint by number"-ish, whereas your lines that seem to be more arpeggio based come off as much more natural and swinging.

Overall, really enjoyed it. Keep posting!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    And I finally found your post!

I think you sound quite good here. Your time feel is good, laid back, that's so important. If I'm giving small critiques, I think some of the ascending chromatic lines sound a bit "forced," or "paint by number"-ish, whereas your lines that seem to be more arpeggio based come off as much more natural and swinging.

Overall, really enjoyed it. Keep posting!
    Thanks for posting Mr. B.

This song took me quite a while to come up with anything that I felt I could even post. While working on it I realized I need to find some nice Maj7 and Dom phrases. (That's where I was putting the ascending chromatics) So we agree about those lines. I'll put more energy into my Maj7 and Dom vocabulary and keep plugging away.

Again, Thanks for the feedback.

User Info Menu

Just made it before month end ...

http://www.noiseinthebasement.com/mp...train%2000.mp3

Onward!

User Info Menu

M-ster -

Yes, well, you've done this before, haven't you? Just a little thing he dashed off...

Brilliant as usual. Well done!

So, time for the rest of us to go and mangle the next one then... :-)

User Info Menu

minor jazz blues...:-)

User Info Menu

Listened to the YouTube tracks. I'll have to return this evening to hear the dropbox and soundcloud submissions.

Nice work, everyone!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M-ster
    Listened to the YouTube tracks. I'll have to return this evening to hear the dropbox and soundcloud submissions.

Nice work, everyone!
    I always dig your playing M-ster but unfortunely my ipad can't load these mp3's.
    Has anyone run into this issue?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin52
    I always dig your playing M-ster but unfortunely my ipad can't load these mp3's.
    My iPad is always temperamental with M-ster's mp3s. Either I just have to wait a long time for them to load up and start, or sometimes I cancel it and try again. It usually gets there eventually, but I'm never sure whether it's actually progressing or not, until they suddenly start playing. Whereas on a PC they're fine.

Must be some stupid Apple/IOS thing.

User Info Menu

Just made it before month end ...

http://www.noiseinthebasement.com/mp...train%2000.mp3

Onward!
    Good take and very nice souding jazz box.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin52
    Hmm ... I thought the .mp3 format was ubiquitous, but apparently not. Should I be providing them in a different format? What's most compatible?

User Info Menu

Hmm ... I thought the .mp3 format was ubiquitous, but apparently not. Should I be providing them in a different format? What's most compatible?
    I just tried it on my iPad and it did work eventually, I think it’s just that it takes a long time to buffer and load enough of the track before it will start playback (at least a minute, maybe more). It must be a ‘feature’ of the iPad as they work fine on other devices. Not sure there’s much you can do about it.

Alternatively create a free sound-cloud account, upload and link to them there, that always works.

Nice sound and playing by the way, as always!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    I just tried it on my iPad and it did work eventually, I think it’s just that it takes a long time to buffer and load enough of the track before it will start playback (at least a minute, maybe more). It must be a ‘feature’ of the iPad as they work fine on other devices. Not sure there’s much you can do about it.

Alternatively create a free sound-cloud account, upload and link to them there, that always works.

Nice sound and playing by the way, as always!
    Hmm, I have no problems with mp3 files of Kris or sound-cloud files.

User Info Menu

Hi gggomez,
    You asked for advise from us on your performance but I'm reluctant to throw out suggestions because I assume your instructor has a path for you.

What are you working on in your lessons?
    I forgot to include, improvising working off the melody, referencing it harmonically, rhythmically, melodically.

I can understand how all the things we were working on feed into this.

User Info Menu

That's a bit late, but who cares?