Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 101 to 116 of 116

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M-ster View Post
    Ha! I'm posting one mid-month for a change (rather than being late)!

http://www.noiseinthebasement.com/mp...0Moon%2000.mp3

I think Gramps beat me to the chordal interpretation of the head.
    Great playing as always, thanks!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Is it too soon for one of the contrafacts? This is Lennie Bird:

http://www.noiseinthebasement.com/mp...0Bird%2000.mp3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M-ster View Post
    Is it too soon for one of the contrafacts? This is Lennie Bird:

http://www.noiseinthebasement.com/mp...0Bird%2000.mp3
    I can only assume the missing letters in your account name are "o" and "n". This one will take me a bit longer to digest. Thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    I can only assume the missing letters in your account name are "o" and "n". This one will take me a bit longer to digest. Thanks for posting.
    Ha! You're much too kind, and in no way is that anywhere near true.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris View Post
    Ps.
    Tomcat,
    I sugest to you made studio recording for free with not so "lame midi sounds"...I mean recordings with bass and drums.
    I prefer to use backing tracks or live loops because it does not kill "live feel" as much as midi parts. You can make also a great midi parts but it takes hell of wotk and time. And yes, today there are so many rehearsal rooms for hours, some with really good acoustics. It's not free but in my area Wroclaw, Poland you can rent at 8EUR/h and make a nice recording

It struck my ears - a huge contrast between beautiful, truly jazz guitar sound and simple midi sounds coming in later.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    I prefer to use backing tracks or live loops because it does not kill "live feel" as much as midi parts. You can make also a great midi parts but it takes hell of wotk and time. And yes, today there are so many rehearsal rooms for hours, some with really good acoustics. It's not free but in my area Wroclaw, Poland you can rent at 8EUR/h and make a nice recording

It struck my ears - a huge contrast between beautiful, truly jazz guitar sound and simple midi sounds coming in later.
    Czesc Tomek,
    I suggest all of us to play with reall jazz musicians.It is the best way to present our work,feel and sound but I know also reality...
    This thread is rather funny place that make happy of us and made motivation for the future.
    Jazzingly Yours
    Kris

User Info Menu

Not everyone here seems to have the opportunity to play with other jazz players...

User Info Menu

Couple of words ...

- The very last hit on very ending somehow got screwed up in video rendering.

- 4 Instruments, in order of recording: Rhythm guitar, solo guitar, bass, drums.

- Drums are just a random "easy jazz" midi file @ 120 bpm. It was added as the last thing, on top of all previous.
    Actually, I wanted to play drum part on Millenium MD-90 electronic drum pads, but torn wedding photo helped me realize the world of difference btw letting me buy it and letting me play it (while she's around).

- Most of the time there was metronome going on, not always, but I don't really remember when ...

- Bass is Squier Telecaster through Metal Bass patch on Boss SE70 and additional octaver in DAW, simultaneously doubled by triggered acoustic bass sound via GK3/GI20. It was recorded over rhythm guitar, without listening to solo.

- Solo guitar is Charvell Desolation through BOSS SE70, my custom preset inspired by Pkirk's thread about Rozenvinkel's sound. I added more delay in DAW.
    The melody of this tune is really nice and all, but all the time I was haunted by another one, which became almost explicit in 2nd part of the 2nd to last chorus. So, unless you quit too soon ...

- Rhythm guitar is also Charvell through SE 70, factory default preset "rotary speaker", or Leslie organ", something like that. I was too lazy to play it 2 times, so n the mix I doubled it by using some delay.

So, yeah. Kris, hope you're drunk enough ...

How High The Moon/ pontoon-ferry-across-danube
    Last edited by Vladan; 11-27-2017 at 10:44 AM.
    ^ ^ ^
    <<< My BlogSpot Page >>>
    v v v

User Info Menu

I hereby decree that all further submissions should involve a rotating leslie.

User Info Menu

... push ...

^ ^ ^
    <<< My BlogSpot Page >>>
    v v v

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1 View Post
    Fuzzthebee has gone. He no longer exists. It's a fact, there's no trace of him left.

Shame, I liked him.
    Darn

User Info Menu

What the fuck? Another person on here who can actually play that we chase away?
    Jeff Matz, Jazz Guitar:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz

"Jazz is like life...it goes on longer than you think, and as soon as you're like 'oh, I get it,' it ends."

--The Ghost of Duke Ellington

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
    What the fuck? Another person on here who can actually play that we chase away?
    I have no idea what might have happened. Don't know of any problems...

User Info Menu

Well, I've considered deleting my account from time to time. It wouldn't be because of anything anyone said - other reasons. Maybe it;s like that for fuzz.

But it's a loss to have fuzzthebee go.

User Info Menu

Yes he was a good guy, guess we'll never know his reasons. I wonder how he managed to delete all the posts. Usually that is not an option when leaving forum?
    ^ ^ ^
    <<< My BlogSpot Page >>>
    v v v