The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    I didn’t find it sad - that whammy bar melody brightened up my day no end, it was oddly endearing.

All these hip jazz guys like Julian Lage seem to be playing rocky stuff on a telecaster these days, maybe Vladan is hipper than the rest of us!
    Julian Lage is really great, I don't know if there's anyone better, but is far from hip, IMO. Listening to him, watching clips, the only thing he enjoys and is passing over to public is some great music. I think it's not enough to be classified as hip. To his credit, at least he does not think wearing reversed baseball hat would do the trick.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

OK I’m going for the ‘latest ever submission’ prize here. While faffing about with my recording for ‘Tenderly’ today I discovered this ancient piece of audio in my dusty archives. So I cleaned it up a bit and here it is. I don’t know why I didn’t submit it at the time, I think I didn’t like it for some reason but now it sounds ok to me. Solo guitar again.

User Info Menu

I always like your tone, Graham!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M-ster
    I always like your tone, Graham!
    Thanks! No amp was harmed in this production, I just plugged my 175 straight into my recording gadget and off I went!

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    OK I’m going for the ‘latest ever submission’ prize here. While faffing about with my recording for ‘Tenderly’ today I discovered this ancient piece of audio in my dusty archives. So I cleaned it up a bit and here it is. I don’t know why I didn’t submit it at the time, I think I didn’t like it for some reason but now it sounds ok to me. Solo guitar again.

I remember about a year ago your saying that you wanted to develop the "comping for yourself" thing , and I think you're definitely getting it. Best one yet in that regard, and best part of this version for me personally. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by matt.guitarteacher
    I remember about a year ago your saying that you wanted to develop the "comping for yourself" thing , and I think you're definitely getting it. Best one yet in that regard, and best part of this version for me personally. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
    Thanks Matt. Funny thing is I haven’t a clue now as to how I played this, it was recorded months ago and I forgot all about it. I’ll have to study the recording and figure out what I did!