Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Hey Everyone

Here's the discussion group for the new lesson.

Summertime Melody & Solo Study for Jazz Guitar

Matt

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice solo, Matt.

User Info Menu

That's Dirk on that one and I agree.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Thanks Matt - that sounds and looks great and I will certainly tackle that. Fine playing by Dirk.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by m78w View Post
    That's Dirk on that one and I agree.
    Oh! Sorry, Dirk, I..er... what good taste you have! :-)

User Info Menu

Nice work on the solo Dirk.

User Info Menu

One question: is there a specific reason you wrote this in the key of Amin? I always thought "Summertime" is usually being played in Dmin...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

User Info Menu

Tasty solo Dirk.
    "Ahhh - those Jazz guys are just makin' that stuff up!" - Homer Simpson

"Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO View Post
    One question: is there a specific reason you wrote this in the key of Amin? I always thought "Summertime" is usually being played in Dmin...
    Both keys are used widely - I certainly learnt it in Am.
    Have no secrets, hear no lies.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by newsense View Post
    Both keys are used widely - I certainly learnt it in Am.
    Thanks!