The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 44 of 44

User Info Menu

Grahambop,
    + 1 to all of the above, very inventive, cool & smooth.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Cannonball always blows me away, one of my favourite horn players
    always exciting improv par excellence.

User Info Menu

Could someone please explain the Gb7 and the E7 late in the B section?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

I don't know which version you are looking at, so have no idea about the function,
    but for what I know ...

E7 is tritone sub for Bb7
    Gb7 is some kind of Bb7alt

User Info Menu

Thank You, Vladan - these were from the iRealpro changes.

User Info Menu

Agree with Vladan - I more or less treated these as a resolution (V) going back to I. So Bb7 alt lines if you're in Eb. (I did it in C).

Also can convert them both to minor a la Pat Martino, for some more ideas.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Here's mine. Had to put in some work to navigate the diminished and m7b5 chords, so good practice!
    Finally I got to listen to your take. I can only join the crowd with compliments.

User Info Menu

Here's my redo:

Feedback most welcome:

Thanks, all!

User Info Menu

Here's mine ...

You'll have to watch it on YouTube

User Info Menu

Nice vladan. You're morphing into a jazz guitarist!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pkirk
    Nice vladan. You're morphing into a jazz guitarist!
    We're all toys in the hands of merciless fate.
    (Hopefully, not.)

User Info Menu

Great news for people who like phrases that trail off into nowhere (and fittingly, songs that end mid-chorus)...

User Info Menu

Great tune, not necessarily L7 at all if played more uptempo. Here is a Band in a Box file for those of us who require infinite repeats The changes are from the Sher Standards Real Book, except for the Db7b5#9 in bar 17 which I added for seasoning.
    Let me know if this link works. I'm new at this Dropbox thing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v87jazc3it...0Dark.MGU?dl=0

User Info Menu

Here is my submittal for "Dancing In The Dark". I Only had time for 1 take, I'm very busy working with a dance band and arranging most of the music. (Freddie Green Style changes).
    This is a great song to play on and I wish I could spend more time with it. My approach, as usual is faking it by ear. The backing track is a BIAB real tracks jazz guitar trio and the comping guitarist is doing a marvelous job. I tried to improvise between his good comping ideas. I hope you like it!
    wiz

Box | Simple Online Collaboration: Online File Storage, FTP Replacement, Team Workspaces
    Last edited by Dirk; 01-06-2020 at 04:32 AM.

User Info Menu

Wow great job everyone !!! i wish i was'nt so busy working at the moment. I sure learned a ton listening and watching you all i sure wish i could First take !!! ,and fake my way thru.... great job !!! again Great months work everyone ! some very awesome stuff here... and some great lines hidden everywhere. I'll be watching. and taking part sooon as i can...

User Info Menu

Last edited by M-ster; 06-08-2015 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Trying to get a mix that isn't distorted!

User Info Menu

Hopefully you will continue to do it. I don't know your background, but this was at very high level, IMO. There's that certain level of confidence in it that make the difference.

User Info Menu

WOW!! We have a high-end top performer hiding in our midst! M-ster, your excellent submittal of "Dancing In The Dark" was perfect, with great tone, excellent lines, a good backing track and wonderful mix of musical ideas that make a great performance. Please continue!!

I really loved it!!
    wiz
    Last edited by wizard3739; 06-08-2015 at 03:24 AM.

User Info Menu

Great stuff - I was getting a Pat Martino vibe at times!