The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 41 of 41

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wizard3739
    Hey All, I'm sorry it took so long to have an input on this song. I couldn't resist doing a "completely by ear" version on this song because it is a favorite of my wife and she thinks I sound better when I play by ear. So, here is my version of "My Foolish Heart" complete with apologies for any bad notes or changes I may have made in the melody line. I hope some of you will enjoy it.

wiz

https://app.box.com/s/cyq9yfn2c559s0w0myqd
    Very nice sounding and playing.
    I like also the sound of the bass from background.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

nice howie

User Info Menu

Thank you for listening and commenting, markf, Kris and pkirk, this one was fun to play on.

wiz

User Info Menu

Good one Wiz. I really do prefer songs being played in Jazz style, that's how I percieved your version, as oposed to soloing over chords. Not that I dont like solos over changes, but that's completely different experience.

To Mr.B., I commented on YT.

Pkirk, sloppiness? I would not say so. It seamed at moments you were pulling the break, eagar to start burning. I enjoyed it a lot.

Still don't know if I'll join the effort this month. Did try couple of approaches. At the moment I lean towards a more rock version, but if I don't get to do it I just may float some blues over it, to fill the number of participants.

User Info Menu

Here's my attempt. I found this one oddly difficult. Man, all these slow ballads are really exposing my weaknesses!

As usual, criticisms and suggestions are invited.

User Info Menu

Nice Jehu! I liked it and found it to be very good for listening.

Howie

User Info Menu

I like it.

I find it's difficult to play song -like phrases, and it's worse for a ballad.

I tend to lose the tempo, and end up with some dangling notes. Just kind of lying there unconnected to the prior or subsequent sounds. sort of trailing off...

I think you have a bit of that too.

but overall it's nice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    Here's my attempt. I found this one oddly difficult. Man, all these slow ballads are really exposing my weaknesses!

As usual, criticisms and suggestions are invited.
    Sounds nice. It is hard to "hold back" on a slow tune. Playing slowly is good for improving time.

User Info Menu

I probably played too many notes in the solo.

there are some really good players here.

User Info Menu

Hey Fritz, have a like from me.

User Info Menu

Nicely done, Fritz (and others!). And thanks for the kind words, guys.

User Info Menu

great job Fritz! There was never any doubt about what song you were playing because of many good references to the melody. I liked your nice improv lines and the way you mixed them with enough chords to keep a nice harmony moving.
    Thanks very much for sharing,

wiz

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Thanks a lot,
    Krzysztof...:-)
    I had a Polish friend named Krzystof, and I called him Kris, but everyone else called him Krzystof...

User Info Menu

And Now for Something Completely Different ...

... although it's rather the same as always ...

User Info Menu

nice Vlad, your upbeat transformation of this song really works.

the video is pretty funny too.

User Info Menu

Thank you Fritz.