Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 38 of 38

User Info Menu

Nice sounding guitar,Wiz.
    Thanks

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Great performances from all of you I follow with great interest and look forward to the day I can contribute!
    Back to practice!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trevorS
    Great performances from all of you I follow with great interest and look forward to the day I can contribute!
    Back to practice!
    LOL I agree with you Trevor. This thread is the best thing since pockets in t-shirts. Amazing contributions.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wizard3739
    We have many good responses for "Rainy Day". IMHO, this song is inspiring for improvisation possibilities because of the melody and chord structure. This is my input for the song, mostly by ear again. My assessment is probably too many notes but I have to go with what came out of my head. Some of it is pretty far outside of what I usually play, I hope some of you will enjoy it.

https://www.box.com/s/m939d9ygr0cir01p9207

wiz
    I thought that was awesome. I hope that I'm not out of line since I haven't posted on this (I hope to have some time to get into posting on this next month when work settles down a bit) but I thought that your note selection was great but would sound greater if there was a little more variety rhythmically-sounded like a lot of eighth notes in the improve. Otherwise I really liked that a lot.

All of the contributions sounded really good. There are some great players here and it can be intimidating working oneself up to post something.

User Info Menu

I love Jimmy Van Heusen songs, but I think that incredible melody is one of the hardest to sing well. "Maybe I should have saved those left over dreams..." That first part is not easy to sing. Beautiful guitar work from everyone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by targuit
    I love Jimmy Van Heusen songs, but I think that incredible melody is one of the hardest to sing well. "Maybe I should have saved those left over dreams..." That first part is not easy to sing. Beautiful guitar work from everyone.
    My wife (Colleen Brown) sang this song at our weekend gig last Saturday and it was wonderful! Our audience (mostly retired folks) really loved it. I wish I would have recorded it.

wiz

User Info Menu

Different chords I /ve used in my version.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

Certainly far from perfect, but in the spirit of finally contributing to this thread, here we go!

Wasn't familiar with this song, but really enjoyed playing and checking out the the lyrics. "Funny how love becomes a cold rainy day"

Feedback appreciated

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cap rad
    Certainly far from perfect, but in the spirit of finally contributing to this thread, here we go!

Wasn't familiar with this song, but really enjoyed playing and checking out the the lyrics. "Funny how love becomes a cold rainy day"

Feedback appreciated
    Nice playing, the Hofner guitar sounds good, I have a Hofner John Stowell model. Playing with the thumb is difficult. One thing, I'd like to hear the chord tones outlined more in your solo.

Enjoyed
    Guy

User Info Menu

Cap rad
    Nice Playing. In contrast to Guy, I do hear you addressing the chord tones, especially the min and maj 3rds. Sounds like jazz to me......

The tone is pretty bad on my laptop speakers, I hear a pop whenever you dig in.
    Raise the camera angle next time, and go wolverines!....

User Info Menu

Guy, Cool. Nice groove. I should really practice octaves more, it is such a strong thing. There's this wierd thing living near Indianapolis, though, that you either have to totally give in to Wes or avoid him entirely. Whenever the big name guitarists play in indy they always overdo the octave thing.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pkirk
    Cap rad
    Nice Playing. In contrast to Guy, I do hear you addressing the chord tones, especially the min and maj 3rds. Sounds like jazz to me......

The tone is pretty bad on my laptop speakers, I hear a pop whenever you dig in.
    Raise the camera angle next time, and go wolverines!....
    I also hear the pop and I didn't care much for the tone but I did enjoy many of the ideas for improv.

wiz

User Info Menu

Hey guys, thanks for the comments! I'm definitely still working on finding the balance between outlining changes and having harmonic ideas that are a little less rigid.

I'll try and record a little different next time. I've been messing around with this thumb business for a little while now and still have no idea what I'm doing. Definitely where the pop is coming from.

Go blue! Cheers!