The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 62 of 62

User Info Menu

This is my improv version of East of the Sun, mostly by ear. I have no time to do much this week, but I would like to do it as a Bossanova just for fun. It needs little analysis, it sticks mostly to the key of G and the chord progressions are simple which leaves an opportunity to play around with some cool subs for improv. I wish I had more time but I have to take gig opportunites when they are available. Payson Arizona is a small town and many of the clubs in this area closed in the past two years.

wiz

https://www.box.com/s/uuxc1ql1jgk1umo0xc9u
    Last edited by wizard3739; 03-14-2013 at 07:10 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi Wiz,
    Great jazz sounding guitar,nice 8'ths lines .Really swinging version!
    Thanks
    Kris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wizard3739
    Great tone and some nice mellow ideas, very laid back style.

Enjoyed.
    Guy

User Info Menu

Thanks Kris and GuyBoden, your comments are much appreciated.

wiz

User Info Menu

Nicely done Wiz.

User Info Menu

I cross posted this in the chord melody section as my tune of the week as well, but here's my contribution.

Its a neat song...I have heard folks play something else in bar 2, my ears heard a inversion of Gmaj7 with the B on the bottom going to a Bb diminished sound, a chart I have suggested a C7#11 sound, I sneak both in here.

otherwise, it's very straightforward, no real curveballs...the good melody, and that C minor chord save it from being kinda ho hum.

Wiz had suggested wanting to try it as a bossa, and I couldn't pass that idea up...works very well in that context, I believe.

im also using a lot of half step approaches in the melody...first place I ever heard this tune was a Billie Holiday record, so that's my nod to her...

User Info Menu

Wow, great! Thanx man, you brought a smile to my face.

User Info Menu

Wiz: Nice relaxed feeling. Some nice lines: I like when you use longer lines that extend past the 4 bar segments, and I hear some good bebop language.

Paul

User Info Menu

Thanks Paul, It was fun to work on his song. Hey Mr. B, as usual, a great approach and very well done. I like your idea of a new song every week.

wiz

User Info Menu

Here's a solo version. I wanted to get this in before the month is over... ;-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pkirk
    Here's a solo version. I wanted to get this in before the month is over... ;-)

Very nice solo playing.
    Exelent sounding Tele with humbucker.

User Info Menu

excellent solo arrangement and playing! Love that tele sound.

wiz