The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 42 of 42

User Info Menu

Been kind of busy to post lately, but great sounding stuff everyone!!

Here is some ultra inspiration for the jazz guitar masses. Care of Jim Hall.

I really hope to have the time to post soon myself.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

IMHO, master Jim has created an intelligent, inspiring, sensitive and beautiful musical language that many of us will spend a lifetime trying to learn.

wiz

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps
    I went looking for ideas and inspiration and found this

Very nice! Thanks, Gramps.

User Info Menu

2nd to all those comments gingerjazz... The world need more Franks.
    Getting back to tune, I'll post something later to day. But was wondering, (I do that a lot)... What or how would anyone like me to post Round Midnight... I'll play a couple or whatever... anyway, I made quick vids of last tunes, You Go to My Head and In Your own Sweet Way, Just read through, I know IYOSW but never play YGTMH and there were a few notes and changes that I didn't quite hear right... but there old news anyway... Best Reg

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting Reg, Both tunes are well done with your usual good feel and always a nice groove. I , for one, would appreciate your version of "Round Midnight". I always learn from your good videos.

wiz
    Last edited by wizard3739; 07-11-2011 at 11:12 AM.

User Info Menu

Here's a short version of Round Midnight

I recorded Steve Kuhn's "The Real Guitarist"... just for... who knows,

User Info Menu

Hey Reg, Both tunes were excellent! Thank you so much for posting these. This is another good learning opportunity for many of us. I love the groove which is always present in your music.

wiz

User Info Menu

hey everyone here's my solo guitar attempt...definitely learned a lot about what i can improve in the future...thanks all the best...

User Info Menu

Way cool man... was that you moanin in there... very expressive. Sometimes is cool to have one or two short sections where you imply steady time... to make us appreciate the rubato more. Very nice playing, cool subs etc.. sounded fun... Reg

User Info Menu

I love the approach. One of my favorite styles on acoustic. Thanx for posting!

Wish you lived closer. I love playing like this myself. Staccato is fun!
    Last edited by brwnhornet59; 07-16-2011 at 10:38 AM.

User Info Menu

thanks guys ... this thread is a great idea and i definitely learned a lot and enjoyed listening to everyones versions...if i get a chance to rerecord i will try to solidify the time and hopefully find my camera!

User Info Menu

stunning version BGGuitar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bluegreenguitar
    hey everyone here's my solo guitar attempt...definitely learned a lot about what i can improve in the future...thanks all the best...

Oh yeah, I like this a whole lot.

What kind of acoustic am I hearing there?...there were some little bits where it sounded almost like a Selmer stle, but other parts where it sounded more like a flattop...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bluegreenguitar
    thanks guys ... this thread is a great idea and i definitely learned a lot and enjoyed listening to everyones versions...if i get a chance to rerecord i will try to solidify the time and hopefully find my camera!
    BGG, I just put on a hat like the one Monk used to wear, so that I could tip it to you. Great job! I really enjoyed that.

User Info Menu

very nice Mr. bluegreenguitar! Rubato acoustic approach the way you played is very exciting and sensitive at the same time. I liked your version and will look forward to hearing more of your music.

wiz

User Info Menu

Hey Frank (and everyone else) - I haven't been here for ages due to, well, different reasons - I hope to get back soon enough, but I just wanted to say that's great news, Frank, that you'll be homeward bound. It's been far too long.

User Info Menu

Hey Bluegreenguitar, I dug your recording, very creative and orginal. Thanks for positng.