The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 46 of 46

User Info Menu

Hey Reg,Love the feel and strong bluesy lines.Many thanks for posting.

Cheers

Tom

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Just picked up BIAB... made re-harm version of Days of Wine and Roses, very different.

/ D-9 D-maj9 / C-11 A7b13 / Ab13sus Ab9#11 / Ab13sus D7alt /

/ Bbmaj7#11 / Abmaj7#11 D7#9 / G13sus G9#11/G13sus D7#11#9/

/Cma9 Abma7 Bbma7/Dbma7#11Ebma7#11Gb7#9#11 /F-9/E7#9b13/

/ Ebma7#11 / D-11 Db7alt / Abma7#11 / A7alt /

repeat 1st 8 bars...then
    /Cma9 Ab7 Bb7 / Dbma7 Ebma7 Fma7 A7alt / D-11 /Bb13susGb7#11/

F6/9 E7#9 /A13sus F13 /Ab13sus A7alt / Bbmaj7#11 /

Here's a quick sample video...Reg

User Info Menu

This is a great thread. I love all of the different versions.

Here is mine. I did not use BIAB, please forgive.

01 Days of Wine and Roses II.mp3 - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

User Info Menu

Hey Reg the re-harm is just great loads to think about.Thank you.

Paul,Better late than never as the say.Well worth waiting for with some very tastey lines and very melodic.Thanks for posting.

Kman,really melodic lines and nice tone thanks for sharing

Cheers

Tom
    Last edited by oilywrag; 05-02-2011 at 10:30 AM.

User Info Menu

welcome aboard, Kman! I listened and enjoyed your submittal. Don't worry about using Biab, what you did was great! Very nice lines, great tone and a good groove. Wow! this thread is really great with many good players participating. Thanks for sharing, Kman.

wiz

User Info Menu

Kman.... ahhhh, nice and chilled! Thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. Hearing all the good players on here made me want to post something. I hadn't played this song in a long time and had forgotten how great it is. I'm looking forward to the next song.
    Last edited by Kman; 05-02-2011 at 02:02 PM.

User Info Menu

I love how this thread keeps going!

I've really enjoyed everyone's interpretations...so cool to hear this old chesnut done so many different ways...

And as always, good to see you around here, Paul. Maybe this summer one of us has to breach Madison for a jam...

User Info Menu

Just checkin... does anyone need an analysis of Days of Wine and Roses, I know it's a little late... but if anyone needs, let me know...Reg

User Info Menu

Hi Reg,What is it they say " It's never to late"..If you don't mind the analysis
    would round the thread of very nicely.

Thanks

Tom

User Info Menu

Here's a very unformal analysis of Autumn Leaves ... but all the info to understand the tune and come up with an approach to play. There are a few ways to approach any tune, the trick is to have one. Did quickly on the spot... may be incorrect names etc... feel free to make me explain anything in more detail... Thanks Reg

I really like these comp lessons but wish the chords were on a PDF file some how...so we could really learn from themthx ken

User Info Menu

good lesson, Reg. I like your very practical teaching style.

wiz

User Info Menu

Thanks as always... and yea Wiz... I usually cut through all the BS, and try and get to the info that helps us play...
    Ken do you mean the actual voicings, the chords I play in examples. I would gladly notate out, but they change every time I play. If that would help... sure... Reg

Hi Reg,

I know you do many different versions each time around, but maybe just post the voicings for one version. I really like thme but hard to follow the vids in real times
    thx i appreciate it

User Info Menu

Guitarplayer007,

With the youtube video of Reg, and use of pause and replay, it's not too hard to figure out, but notating is time consuming. If I was in a better situation (i.e. at home) I'd do it for you, and the group. I've done it before when I was home.

Check thread #55, and #110, where I wrote out some comping and soloing down by Reg to Fly Me to the Moon:

https://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/theor...y-group-2.html

I wish someone other than Reg would put it together (like you). Reg provides so much already with his videos, if I have a vote, I'd vote to the extent that Reg wants to give us his time and help, he should stick to videos. He already is so generous helping us out and I'm sure he doesn't have all the time in the world.

Someone else should volunteer to do the tedious notation work for him. It only seems right to me that we give back (pay it forward) to this forum. Pay it back in our own way... (I'd do videos too if I could play like Reg)
    Last edited by fep; 05-04-2011 at 06:59 PM.

User Info Menu

Good thinkin, Frank.

The chord forms that Reg uses are easy enough to recognize. And with the video, if anybody sees anything that they don't recognize, just pause the vid and make note of the time. We could answer specific questions in those cases.

Since Tom suggested chord melody, that's how I approached it. Then I looked at Wes Montgomery's version. To my surprise, I came up with some of the same shit as Wes. But there are a couple of spots where he takes it out where my bus don't run.

I have to work all day tomorrow, but tomorrow night or Friday morning (if that's not too late) I'll make a short video looking at ways to harmonize the melody.

User Info Menu

well...my take

User Info Menu

sounds really cool, great playing by all of you, I found the introduction to be a bit long :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jayx123
    sounds really cool, great playing by all of you, I found the introduction to be a bit long :-)
    Haha I feel you Jay, it was a little abstraction that I worked out, and I may have abstracted too far. Thanks for listening!

Alright. Here's a sound slice link for a transcription I'm working on:

Days of Wine and Roses - Reg523 | Soundslice

It's a work in progress. I'd really appreciate any feedback or corrections. It's a partial transcription of Reg's Days of Wine and Roses from 2011. Actually one of his easier ones to see and here, but still pretty fast for my ears. I can't fix the synpoint issues on this computer. It will have to wait until tomorrow.

Anyway, I figure this is as good a place as any to post this.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg
    Ok so I'm back and will try and post lots of videos and give as info as i can. here's a version of Days of Wine and Roses, Just played through, nothing worked out, about as cold as I get. Used melody, changes and blue notes to pull from for improve. Thanks Reg
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg
    Last edited by matt.guitarteacher; 06-09-2018 at 11:07 PM.