The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Two choruses of improvisation:

Box

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

We were having an argument on whether people should post improvisations without playing the head, because some people post you tube videos of them playing live with just bass and drums, playing a few choruses of some tune and you can't tell what the hell they're playing. It just sounds like meaningless notes.There's no sense of the form, the changes

But you did it the right way here, with the chords and bass clearly outlining the tune, and I found it was a very satisfying listening experience.
    I hope that people will learn from your post and learn how to present an improvisation the correct way.
    Good playing as usual, brother!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    We were having an argument on whether people should post improvisations without playing the head, because some people post you tube videos of them playing live with just bass and drums, playing a few choruses of some tune and you can't tell what the hell they're playing. It just sounds like meaningless notes.There's no sense of the form, the changes

But you did it the right way here, with the chords and bass clearly outlining the tune, and I found it was a very satisfying listening experience.
    I hope that people will learn from your post and learn how to present an improvisation the correct way.
    Good playing as usual, brother!
    Thanks a lot.
    I recorded it as an exercise-improvising while singing.
    You can't hear my voice because the guitar was recorded directly in.
    Jazzingly
    Kris