The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I wish I had the time to get into to this properly. Anyway, if you do, great stuff here.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes, yes and yes.

I know that both Ted Greene and Ben Monder tried to play Bach chorales on the guitar so that's something that I've been getting into for a while.

There's some beautiful stuff in there which you can use in either improv or your own compositions etc.

Just be prepared to s t r e t c h ! !

User Info Menu

Juan is a great player.

User Info Menu

Juan asks in is vid on chorales "why do I do it if they're so annoying to play on the guitar?" Of course he's talking about playing all 4 voices as written. That's a load of work for most jazz players!

At the suggestion of a friend I multi-tracked them. Much less stretching :-)

It's really nice to play and appreciate each voice separately, and see how they work so beautifully together. Plus... I was 100% a flat picker at the time and wasn't into learning what it would take to play them in real time. That's a worthy goal though if you're not too busy trying to play jazz.

The single lines were great sight reading exercises for me when I was getting started with that. I think that was the main idea behind doing it. Plus I ended up with some nice churchy Christmas music.

User Info Menu

Arguably how I learned music beyond blues/rock guitar. Bach is the GOAT.

User Info Menu

Juan is amazing!

User Info Menu

Very nice, his fingers seem very long, especially his little finger. I can't make those stretches, but I play some Bach.