The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hey everybody I made a video lesson on some B.H ideas over rhythm changes. Sounding good over rhythm changes has always been a challenge for me and thinking about harmonic movement a la Barry Harris instead of trying to play every bebop lick I can think of has really improved my playing in this regard. Would love to hear some thoughts on this.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

First off Mikko, since I've discovered your channel I've always loved your teaching style. When I listened to the lines you were playing at the start of the video it sounded great. As I dig thru this video I'm following the concepts pretty well even without any BH knowledge.
    I tried to watch some of those "What I leaarned from Barry" videos and found the first few exercises incredibly tedious. So I didn't continue with that. Maybe I sould revisit that? I'm am curious about the material itself.

Thanks for digging
    hmm not sure which exercises you are referring to but Chris's channel is great. Sure some of the BH stuff can be tedious at first but it's well worth the effort once you can make music with that stuff

User Info Menu

Excellent content and presentation.

User Info Menu

Excellent content and presentation.
    Off topic: Maybe reduce the amp's high reverb?