The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

None at all.

Anyway, gird your loins. You must correspond immediately with all the dictionaries and other resources that you consider misguided and tell them so. Who knows, if they are swayed by your faultless insight you may be immortalised in future editions for decades to come!

Dear OED,

Hello, I'm Christian, and I think your definition of polyphony sucks so I'm going to put you right. It's like this...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    None at all.

Anyway, gird your loins. You must correspond immediately with all the dictionaries and other resources that you consider misguided and tell them so. Who knows, if they are swayed by your faultless insight you may be immortalised in future editions for decades to come!

Dear OED,

Hello, I'm Christian, and I think your definition of polyphony sucks so I'm going to put you right. It's like this...
    I now identify as multiphonic. Poly-anything is so last century.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat
    Check this colleague of mine:
    People like this have brains that are just wired differently than mine, I guess. I can't even imagine being able to play like that, let alone do it, and I'm so astonished by people who can. Stanley Jordan, of course, also springs to mind. I can't even manage Van Halen style tapping.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    I now identify as multiphonic. Poly-anything is so last century.
    "Phonic-fluid." That'll get 'em riled up!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    People like this have brains that are just wired differently than mine, I guess. I can't even imagine being able to play like that, let alone do it, and I'm so astonished by people who can. Stanley Jordan, of course, also springs to mind. I can't even manage Van Halen style tapping.
    I know it's sounds like a cliche but it's all about practice
    I know because I learned on piano a Bach's fugue - somewhat slowly and sloppy - but I can play it from beginnning to end. And I've never had a single piano lesson...

User Info Menu

I think the Muthspiel/Goodrick was probably true polyphony.