The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well I finally got it.

Here's a little improv over the A section of Autumn Leaves. Hope that you enjoy it.

Edit: How was your experience with Covid?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This is a beautiful little piece, not at all what I expected, so thanks for sharing. Covid has completely changed my life. Neither my wife or I have gotten it, but that’s because we’ve avoided all human contact and when we must venture out we maintain distance and strict masking rules. No fun at parties anymore. Prepan I was gigging 100 dates a year (busiest few years of my life) which has now gone to full zero. Anyway, you sound great. How did YOU catch it, do you know?

User Info Menu

I have yet to catch it (in a form that makes me grab/go for a test). What the over-the-top fear-mongering corona circus here did to me turn me even more into a "computer hermite". I was never one to feel a need to seek out crowds but now it often seems more than 3 or 4 is already a crowd and things like preparing for a trip (as in packing luggage and the car) feel like needless effort that make me just want to stay home and glued to a screen".
    And I don't even like the place my partner picked...

None of that out of fear for contagion btw, nor anymore out of fear to remain stuck somewhere because of another intemptuous lock-up (that's why we both didn't feel like leaving for Italy or even the Netherlands as planned just after that first Big LockUp in the summer of 2020).

Fortunately things have largely returned to normal around here; forced "playing in my own corner" (for unrelated reasons) is what caused me to abandon the instrument I'd played intensively since 9 or 10 and I'd hate for that to happen with the guitar too...

User Info Menu

Thanks for your kind words Mark.

I think that I caught it from my middle son. He was too tired to go rowing both mornings of last weekend. No other symptoms.

Last Sunday I went out and played some soccer with my youngest son then a little later with the whole family. It was fun but a bit cold.

I woke up at 2:30am on Monday with a heavy cold and thought that it was from the soccer so I went down for a 1000mg vitamin C and decided to do an antigen just in case.....

Thought I'd be playing the guitar more but my mind is less focused than usual. Anyhow this too shall pass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liarspoker
    Well I finally got it.

Here's a little improv over the A section of Autumn Leaves. Hope that you enjoy it.

Nice; if I remember a previous post from you I think you were working on Tim Lerch’s “Solo Guitar Pathways” which seems to have turned up in some of this piece. I need to revisit that

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liarspoker
    Well I finally got it.

Very nice. Hope you feel better soon. I caught it in March 2020 and was pretty sick for a 2-3 weeks. Somehow I managed to work (from home) through that. And do this:

Great American Pandemic Songbook - YouTube

After the fever and pain broke. Then it took another 6-ish weeks before I felt fully well. Still occasionally get zapped with fatigue and brain fog seemingly out of nowhere.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Very nice. Hope you feel better soon. I caught it in March 2020 and was pretty sick for a 2-3 weeks. Somehow I managed to work (from home) through that. And do this:

Great American Pandemic Songbook - YouTube

After the fever and pain broke. Then it took another 6-ish weeks before I felt fully well. Still occasionally get zapped with fatigue and brain fog seemingly out of nowhere.
    Great rendition of Night and Day, John!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alltunes
    Nice; if I remember a previous post from you I think you were working on Tim Lerch’s “Solo Guitar Pathways” which seems to have turned up in some of this piece. I need to revisit that
    You are correct. It's my favourite course.
    I'm actually transcribing Tim's version of Send in the Clowns atm. Such a beautiful tune.

I also must revisit Tim's course and it's possible that some of those licks appeared above as they are my improv licks....ssshhhhh