The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

I had a feeling we must have done this one, but I looked through the post and all the recordings and videos I have, and it appears that we have not. Anyway, this is a simple tune (famous last words ...), with several good options for backing tracks. Yeah, I know, I keep calling Sonny Rollins tunes. But I can't help it -- they're fun to play

JGBE Virtual Jam (Round 95) - St.Thomas-sonnystthomas-jpeg

Here's a chart (from the illegal Real Book Volume II)

JGBE Virtual Jam (Round 95) - St.Thomas-st-thomas-jpg
    Last edited by John A.; 11-15-2022 at 01:11 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

And kicking things off, here is a first take. No computer, no agonizing over getting things right, just plugged in and played.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    I had a feeling we must have done this one, but I looked through the post and all the recordings and videos I have, and it appears that we have not. Anyway, this is a simple tune (famous last words ...), with several good options for backing tracks. Yeah, I know, I keep calling Sonny Rollins tunes. But I can't help it -- they're fun to play

JGBE Virtual Jam (Round 95) - St.Thomas-sonnystthomas-jpeg

Here's a chart (from the illegal Real Book Volume II)

JGBE Virtual Jam (Round 95) - St.Thomas-st-thomas-jpg
    John,
    Excellent choice... latin stuff - I like it... :-)

User Info Menu

I love playing nylon strings.
    Several choruses of improvisation:

Box

User Info Menu

And kicking things off, here is a first take. No computer, no agonizing over getting things right, just plugged in and played.

Class John. Well done.

User Info Menu

Is St. Thomas is a very difficult tune for jam?...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Is St. Thomas is a very difficult tune for jam?...
    I guess people are just not interested in this anymore. I thought I'd try to keep it going, but people seem to have moved on. So long, and thanks for the fish.

User Info Menu

Well, actually I thought this was an old thread resurrected because it says "Round 5"

I only noticed it because John's latest post came up in the feed.

I've just been too busy the past few months to do much of anything video-wise.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Well, actually I thought this was an old thread resurrected because it says "Round 5"

I only noticed it because John's latest post came up in the feed.

I've just been too busy the past few months to do much of anything video-wise.

Oops! It was supposed to be 95 (fixed it).

User Info Menu

I guess people are just not interested in this anymore. I thought I'd try to keep it going, but people seem to have moved on. So long, and thanks for the fish.
    I’m still here. I usually don’t post till later in the week.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    I’m still here. I usually don’t post till later in the week.
    All right then, it's not the end of the world after all (and more fish for the dolphins).

User Info Menu

Quickest and dirtiest of them all. In the spirit of the group I just dove in with little prep. Kinda fun.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    Quickest and dirtiest of them all. In the spirit of the group I just dove in with little prep. Kinda fun.

Nice one. Great tone and playing.

User Info Menu

Sorry to be so late to the party. It's been a busy week. I just finished writing the charts and making the playbook for tonight's gig. But I wanted to get my track in, so here it is...