The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Very cool arrangement, Never.
    Thanks, John! I just finished practicing for today and figured I'd try a swing take with backing on Star Eyes. Mr Sunnybass has a nice track for this, so here we are. I hope my choice of chording doesn't cause too much upset among our originalist friends

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

After a few listens to the track below, I don't like the way the Tele sounds for jazz straight into the DAW. In fact, I don't even like my playing on it. I've always prefered playing jazz on an archtop, but a solid body's just so convenient (and less prone to damage on crowded stages). And I can massage a decent jazz tone from it through the Blu or the Quilter. But when playing at home for pleasure, the archtop now has the job permanently. Here's a relaxed, swinging take on my Eastman over the same bass backing track I used with the Tele below.

User Info Menu

Not my finest showing. I could spend more time with it, but probably only make it different, not necessarily better

User Info Menu

Slow bossa with nylons strings guitar:

Box

User Info Menu

As the week begins to wind down … anybody want to pick the next one? If not, I’ve got one, and I swear it really is easy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    As the week begins to wind down … anybody want to pick the next one? If not, I’ve got one, and I swear it really is easy.
    Tag! You're it.....

Thanks!