The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 36 of 36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    I'm not concerned about clams for this kind of posting. If I occasionally come up with something listenable/surprising, that's fine by me, as it's not my comfort zone.

AaronMColeman, just do it. This forum has way too much blah-blah and zero actual playing. I for one, promise not to laugh, ok? By the way, thanks for liking my post; I've done better
    That strikes me as a great attitude.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AaronMColeman
    Oh man, I'm about to embarrass myself and I'll post my attempts at this tonight. I am not good at Jazz yet but I love this song and it's one I sorta have a grasp on changes. Isn't jazz about living on the edge of falling apart at any second? That's how I play everything I guess.
    Participate in these weekly threads and you’ll reap gains quickly.

User Info Menu

There is a bit of life. I hope.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Robespier
    There is a bit of life. I hope.

Really nice! Something to aspire to for sure. Thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

I'm taking my clip down after re-listening. The tune needs more study (or respect).

Nice playing Robespier, enjoyed it.

User Info Menu

I like the version of Four on Six from the John Abercrombie & John Scofield 'Solar' album/1984/.

User Info Menu

I'm not concerned about clams for this kind of posting. If I occasionally come up with something listenable/surprising, that's fine by me, as it's not my comfort zone.

AaronMColeman, just do it. This forum has way too much blah-blah and zero actual playing. I for one, promise not to laugh, ok? By the way, thanks for liking my post; I've done better
    I actually recorded a simple comping backtrack repeating the head a few times and playing a couple of ideas over it. I was at a conference all day yesterday so I'll get that up today...funny every group I've ever been a part of was far more talk than rock. I posted that I'll record something just to force myself into some accountability and do it! Laugh all you want, I'm very well aware of my weaknesses and I have zero ego I'm just looking to get better and hang around some other people who are inspiring!

User Info Menu

The "damn" head of this tune was on continuous play in my proggy head but with a dropped beat, so I had 20 minutes..... Any non-purist think it's worth pursuing? No hate mail please, I'm a sensitive guy ;p

User Info Menu

The "damn" head of this tune was on continuous play in my proggy head but with a dropped beat, so I had 20 minutes..... Any non-purist think it's worth pursuing? No hate mail please, I'm a sensitive guy
    Sounds good. I like your aggressive attack.

User Info Menu

An older video for that one, alternating between solo and head. Favorite tune, for some reason I played it with a pick here..

User Info Menu

Solos like the ones by Alter and Robespier (great tone) here represent the very best that this forum has to offer, IMO.

PD Thanks wzpgsr. It deserves another 20 hours of work, which I don't have.