The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

For those of you who are still pursuing Jazz Blues, I was just notified in my email of this new lesson, available on this site. It is an F Blues and should help with one's development. I was on this site for years unaware of some of the many things it offers outside of this forum.

The harmony has a couple of measures with 2-5s in them, which gives you a chance to use your 2-5 lines or Bebop lines. The solo is tasty, too, IMHO.

Take Care.

Jazz Blues Guitar Patterns - Soloing over a Jazz Blues in F
    Last edited by AlsoRan; 09-21-2022 at 05:07 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm wit it. I like the really concise melody examples. I played through this and can probably integrate some of it. I'm gonna work some of the other lessons. I think the jazz guitar online lessons are really good.
    Last edited by Jimmy Smith; 09-22-2022 at 02:35 AM.

User Info Menu

Yes.
    This is a great lesson.
    It describes in detail what to practice in the so-called jazz blues.
    Of course, this is a symbolic practice material because in practice jazz blues you have to practice your whole life.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Yes.
    This is a great lesson.
    It describes in detail what to practice in the so-called jazz blues.
    Of course, this is a symbolic practice material because in practice jazz blues you have to practice your whole life.

So true, kris.

When I come across a great "Jazz Blues" solo that I like, I try to learn it note-for-note. Sometimes, one or two of the lines will stay in my memory. Sometimes not. But, I do remember the "feel" of a solo.

Two things I find make a solo that I like are the way the lines travel up and down. I think some call it "melodic contour." There is also a "bounce" that I cannot quite put into words. And lastly, after learning several solos, I am finding that my favorite tempo for Jazz Blues is right around 140 - 150 beats per minute.