The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

This is from Triple_Jazz.

JGBE Virtual Jam (Round 87) - Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me-dntyhfm-forum-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That's it, I've done it. It's a nice little tune, if you don't weaken :-)

User Info Menu

I use my youtube for live feel recordings where I just use the laptop camera and a usb mic. It's more fun and takes less time. I use my soundcloud for quantized feel recordings in the daw. I use a drum track, a direct track, and a mic'd track to go for optimal tone. It's more stressful but it's probably good to practice in the mix with headphones on and focus on getting my rhythms and feel good to strict time. I didn't use pedals because left hand bass plus pedal thump was sounding awkward in the daw. I only used the pedal sound to lower manual feature for left hand bass.

User Info Menu

Ah, that was a lot better because we could hear the treble, i.e. melody and improv. The videos tended to push the right hand into the background too much.

User Info Menu

Thx

User Info Menu

As it's quiet, would you mind if I discussed something with you? I know nothing about playing the organ but I can't help noticing that your left hand (the bass) tends to be quite loud and somewhat dominating.

Any way to lessen the effect, so to speak? It's a shame because what you're playing with the right hand is very nice stuff.

User Info Menu

Nothin' fancy...

User Info Menu

^ Nice stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    As it's quiet, would you mind if I discussed something with you? I know nothing about playing the organ but I can't help noticing that your left hand (the bass) tends to be quite loud and somewhat dominating.

Any way to lessen the effect, so to speak? It's a shame because what you're playing with the right hand is very nice stuff.
    Thx for the input. Yes, I could use the drawbars to turn down the bass or I could not use the pedal sound to lower manual feature and just use the normal lower manual bass sound. Pedal to lower makes it bigger sounding and I thought I should use it because I try to balance it so it will be audible on bad laptop speakers. I guess if you listen on good speakers or headphones it will be louder. I'll try to balance it better next time when I'm testing the levels with headphones.
    Last edited by Jimmy Smith; 09-13-2022 at 04:09 PM.

User Info Menu

You could run some test goes past me here if you like.

User Info Menu

Sure, that'd be good. Next time I make a track I'll try just using regular lower manual bass instead of boosted pedal to lower and I'll ask you about the balance.

User Info Menu

Sitting here with a wee dram o' the malt before dinner, I felt like laying down a line.

Now it's dinner time!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    Sitting here with a wee dram o' the malt before dinner, I felt like laying down a line.

Now it's dinner time!
    Hmmm. Maybe it would be better if I listened to things before posting them. My timing outside of the head is terrible! I thought I was laying down a lazy, relaxed, mellow melodic thread - but I was just plain lazy. It was the whisky playing!

My sincere apologies!

User Info Menu

I thought I was laying down a lazy, relaxed, mellow melodic thread - but I was just plain lazy. It was the whisky playing!
    That'll happen on the virtual jam. Sometimes I have to delete my booz jam in disgust, sometimes I just let it ride. That's ok though, because you sound like Barney Kessel at times.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith
    That'll happen on the virtual jam. Sometimes I have to delete my booz jam in disgust, sometimes I just let it ride. That's ok though, because you sound like Barney Kessel at times.
    Thx! But to be honest, I was in a bit of a hurry because my wife was sitting in the living room waiting for me to have my drink with her before dinner. So I wasn’t really focused on the music. That’s also why I didn’t listen to it before uploading and posting.

I won’t make that mistake again

User Info Menu

Thx
    No prob

User Info Menu

Too much blooze?

User Info Menu

Oh, nice. That's the way to do it

boy has hidden depths