The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here’s an improvising approach that takes changes from one tune (in this case Tranes 26-2) and overlays them into a standard like Wine and Roses. Let me know what you think…like how this works or not?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

thank you Mark..!!

I hear much more than just two tune flavors..I hear a bit of Misty and some Monk, Bill Evans and Lenni Tristano.

I think you play piano more than guitar..

sometimes when I discover a melodic idea and "try" to develop it further..I stay away from diatonic/harmonic/melodic ideas and experiment wherever my fingers land, from a melodic line or a chord
    sequence created by moving voices not by diatonic dictates

your approach, to me anyway, is very organic..meditative and healing

thank you for sharing your gifts

User Info Menu

Great way of outlining the changes!

User Info Menu

Hey Mark... I always dig your posts. I like the concept... here's a old post from 2011 of How insensitive
    with reharm etc... with vid and changes. A little different concept but still fun and in that direction...
    Your posts and playing are at a very high level.... I'm always in the gutter...LOL

Reg

OK... so here's a totally new re-harm. of How Insensitive... I just wrote it out... sort of got through... I have exceptionally busy week coming so I figured I'll post even though it pretty rough... I like the feel, and the changes. Here are the changes... basically. It's in 3/4, with a dotted quarter, dotted quarter / quarter, quarter, quarter... a 2- 3 feel.
    There's 16 out front...with this groove. Thanks Reg

C-13 / F9 ,F9#11 / A13 / #11 /
    C-9... / 11............ / G13 / #11 / repeated

C-11 .../ F9 , #11.. / A13....... / #11 /
    F13..... / (F13)....... / G13...... / G13sus G13 /
    C-9 .... / C-11 ......../ G13 sus ./ G13sus /
    F-9, 11 / Ab13....... / D-9, 11.. / G7alt. /
    Ab13.. / sus, 3......../ G13....... / sus, 3 /
    F13.... / F13 .........../ Ab13sus / Ab13sus /
    C-11.. / F13........... / D-11...... / G13, #11 /
    B-11 .../ Bb13, #11 / D-9, 11.. / G13, b13 //

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolflen
    thank you Mark..!!

I hear much more than just two tune flavors..I hear a bit of Misty and some Monk, Bill Evans and Lenni Tristano.

I think you play piano more than guitar..

sometimes when I discover a melodic idea and "try" to develop it further..I stay away from diatonic/harmonic/melodic ideas and experiment wherever my fingers land, from a melodic line or a chord
    sequence created by moving voices not by diatonic dictates

your approach, to me anyway, is very organic..meditative and healing

thank you for sharing your gifts
    thanks for these wonderfully supportive comments!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    Great way of outlining the changes!
    glad you like hearing it this way!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reg
    Hey Mark... I always dig your posts. I like the concept... here's a old post from 2011 of How insensitive
    with reharm etc... with vid and changes. A little different concept but still fun and in that direction...
    Your posts and playing are at a very high level.... I'm always in the gutter...LOL

Reg

Hi Reg, I enjoyed your video and your concept with the reharm. Your rhythm steals the show, along with your burning licks on the solo. Really nice all around man!

User Info Menu

Inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

btw. Super cool sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Robespier
    Inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

btw. Super cool sound.
    thanks!