The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Curios is anyone cares for one version versus the other?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Druns for me. Actually, one of my favorite things in jazz is hearing someone take things out harmonically but still have a driving swing from the rhythm section.

Probably comes from playing a lot of solo guitar myself.. I hardly ever listen to it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Druns for me. Actually, one of my favorite things in jazz is hearing someone take things out harmonically but still have a driving swing from the rhythm section.

Probably comes from playing a lot of solo guitar myself.. I hardly ever listen to it!
    thanks I think this is the first time that I played with drums and printed a version with the track muted just for yuks, and it weirdly kinda works where I don’t miss hearing it. Maybe cause I know what it sounded like already? Thanks for commenting.

User Info Menu

I like the drums. I'd love to hear you do something like this with a real drummer who could react to your playing and maybe layout or change groove along the way. Heck...maybe throw a bass player in there while your at it :-)

Drumgenius is a pretty great sounding robot though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    I like the drums. I'd love to hear you do something like this with a real drummer who could react to your playing and maybe layout or change groove along the way. Heck...maybe throw a bass player in there while your at it :-)

Drumgenius is a pretty great sounding robot though.
    I was doing that weekly before the pandemic. Put out many CDs back in the day too. Ah, those were the days. Now I’m an attic player.

User Info Menu

With drums, for me. My lack of natural time needs an anchoring point. It provides a sense of depth as well as motion. Enjoy your imaginative playing, as ever!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    I was doing that weekly before the pandemic. Put out many CDs back in the day too. Ah, those were the days. Now I’m an attic player.
    Yeah... I know man. I was following you way before The Bug dropped on us. What I was actually sayin' is that I really like your playing, and I wish I could hear some new stuff with more humans in the same room.

I'm stuck in the basement myself. At least it stays nice 'n cool down there...