Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 48

User Info Menu

Next one from John A.

JGBE Virtual Jam (Round 79) - Scrapple From The Apple-c-parker-forum-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I played this Parker's tune about 45 years ago-after purchasing the playalong "All Bird" from Aebersold, I practiced it for hours. .... This is my swinging version no. 1 ... :-)...not too fast.

Box

User Info Menu

Great choice and a fine first response from Kris! Sadly, I’m 3000 miles away from my guitars until next Wednesday, so I can’t join in until then. So I hope everybody will post tracks to keep me grounded

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    Great choice and a fine first response from Kris! Sadly, I’m 3000 miles away from my guitars until next Wednesday, so I can’t join in until then. So I hope everybody will post tracks to keep me grounded
    Nice holiday.

User Info Menu

I'll leave the clever stuff to other people :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Nice holiday.
    We’re in a tiny town (pop 1468) in the Cascade mountains watching this poor kid busk in 95F heat. The spirit lives forever, as do some of the worst tunes of the 1980s……..

JGBE Virtual Jam (Round 79) - Scrapple From The Apple-c71d296e-460f-4b28-9517-43b4cfae6973-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    I'll leave the clever stuff to other people :-)

It sounds like happy gypsy jazz.
    "Honeysuckle Rose" is a 1929 song composed by Fats Waller - look at similar part"A".
    Last edited by kris; 07-16-2022 at 11:47 PM.

User Info Menu

My last recording, which I did on very thick strings GHS Pat Martino set 016-F56.
    They are not easy to play but the sound is amazing:

Box

User Info Menu

I played this Parker's tune about 45 years ago-after purchasing the playalong "All Bird" from Aebersold, I practiced it for hours. .... This is my swinging version no. 1 ... :-)...not too fast.

Box
    Very nice! I enjoyed listening. I'm 6000 miles away from my guitars on a 6 week study time in Israel and up to my nose in an archaeological excavation... would have loved to give this tune a whirl.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Very nice! I enjoyed listening. I'm 6000 miles away from my guitars on a 6 week study time in Israel and up to my nose in an archaeological excavation... would have loved to give this tune a whirl.
    Thank you.You are in a beautiful country.
    I guess it's very hot where you are?
    All the Best
    kris

User Info Menu

Found this cool dobro version!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    you should always take a guitar, wherever you go...

JGBE Virtual Jam (Round 79) - Scrapple From The Apple-419c3d77-9c73-46ac-86d4-e2b811738e1f-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Good lord, Scrapple From The Appleachians

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop

Interesting for sure, and fine playing- but it’s not something I’d listen to for pleasure. The Dobro soloing sounds to me a bit like it was played on a fine gypsy guitar that somehow came to life and got drunk to celebrate

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Good lord, Scrapple From The Appleachians
    haha, yes those guys should have put out a CD with that title, what a missed opportunity!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    We’re in a tiny town (pop 1468) in the Cascade mountains watching this poor kid busk in 95F heat. The spirit lives forever, as do some of the worst tunes of the 1980s……..
    I hope you told this dude his guitar looks an awful lot like a saxophone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    I hope you told this dude his guitar looks an awful lot like a saxophone.
    I like the metal bucket the most.

User Info Menu

My last recording, which I did on very thick strings GHS Pat Martino set 016-F56.

Box
    Love the tone on this one.

User Info Menu

Hey guys,

I was away for a week, and then was extremely busy with my day job and live music stuff, so I haven't had a chance to do any recordings in a while. Hoping to get to Scrapple shortly.

User Info Menu

I thought I'd done a version of this, but it turns out it was just a transcription of the head at a fairly pedestrian tempo. I'd love to give it a go but I'm too busy working on Ornithology for tomorrow's lesson with Christian.

User Info Menu

Here's a quick first take. Another crazy week for me, so this is probably all I can get done. On to checking you guys out ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Here's a quick first take. Another crazy week for me, so this is probably all I can get done. On to checking you guys out ...

Every note and rhythm in Parker's compositions is very important.
    The organ backing track is beautiful and the sound is great.

User Info Menu

Box
    Yes Kris! The tone is great....and the phrasing too!
    I'm scared by the 016-56 strings mainly because of the higher tension. With these strings do you need to adjust the truss-rod on your guitar?

ettore

User Info Menu

Every note and rhythm in Parker's compositions is very important.
    The organ backing track is beautiful and the sound is great.
    Agreed, every note and rhythm in Parker tunes is important, and some day I'll get them right Meanwhile, I try to have fun.