The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

"Footprints" is a minor blues by one of the still living legends of the heyday of jazz: Wayne Shorter. In my student days, this track was quite a popular piece to jam to. I haven't played it in decades now. Here is a playback by Phil Wilkinson. I only recorded this one take. It's over 30 degrees outside and you're not supposed to overexert yourself in high heat, after all ? .
    Wayne Shorter played with Miles Davis in the 60s 1964-70) also released some highly acclaimed albums under his own name during that time. Footprints can be found on the album "Adam's Apple", 1966.
    In the 70s he played with Weather Report (1971-86), probably one of the most successful fusion bands ever. He accompanied Carlos Santana on tours and played on several albums by Joni Mitchell and Steely Dan. From 2000 he led a quartet with pianist Danilo Pérez, bassist John Patitucci and drummer Brian Blade.
    Andy Bartosh, July 2020

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

nice, I like it, strato and disto sound with jazz is really cool according to me !

(you like Jeff Beck, I m' sure)

(I like most of what Wayne Shorter creates and plays, so not difficult to be happy with footprints)

What is this lovely strato ?

thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itsmyname
    nice, I like it, strato and disto sound with jazz is really cool according to me !

(you like Jeff Beck, I m' sure)

(I like most of what Wayne Shorter creates and plays, so not difficult to be happy with footprints)

What is this lovely strato ?

thanks.
    I think Jeff Beck do not use a pick...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    I think Jeff Beck do not use a pick...
    yes but volume using, harmonics using + strato + vibrato bar using = many things you find in the jeff beck sound !

User Info Menu

yes but volume using, harmonics using + strato + vibrato bar using = many things you find in the jeff beck sound !

I thought exactly the same

Nice one, again, Andy ! Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Full agreement - it's all there in J,Beck style ... except jazz...which does not bother me at all and I really like his playing.
    Andy Bartosh is an excellent musician.