Posts 26 to 40 of 40

User Info Menu

Yes, with some overdubbing, obviously.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

My last Funky Cat Walk.Have fun :-)Attachment 90987

Box

User Info Menu

It's soooo peaceful and quiet at home today, The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the breeze is blowing. I can't stand it - I got to funkifize the Cat!!

User Info Menu

I think this is more a novelty tune really... so a bit of fun in D :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    I think this is more a novelty tune really... so a bit of fun in D :-)

That’s a great take on it. And you’re pushing the edges of a gypsy feel, which gives me a new idea. Monday is our official “clean the apartment” day, so the morning will be spoken for once I finish my second espresso. But I plan to try a gypsy version when we get back from the gym late this afternoon.

User Info Menu

Only three people in a circle show what they can ... why?
    where are the other guitarists?

User Info Menu

Here’s my contribution. Never heard this song so I’m always glad to be turned into something new. The kids were on the bed whining for a drink, it would’ve been hilarious if it was recorded but I was direct into my Joyo Momix

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_Jazz
    Here’s my contribution. Never heard this song so I’m always glad to be turned into something new.
    That has a nice swing era feel!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_Jazz
    The kids were on the bed whining for a drink
    You could have used a mic - it would just sound like another bar gig
    Last edited by nevershouldhavesoldit; 05-02-2022 at 01:31 PM.

User Info Menu

In the UK it's a 'long weekend' public holiday, i.e. includes Monday. They'll be back later in the week. Hopefully :-)

If anybody wants another tune to work on there's 'Just You, Just Me' on the Practical Standards thread.

May 2022 - Just You, Just Me

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    I've been keen to join in for a few weeks now, but you guys move at too fast a pace for me. I've just finished a half-arsed version of Moment's Notice .

User Info Menu

I'm trying to get to it today.

User Info Menu

Here's goes. I did a few takes, but as usual the first one is the best and I tossed the rest.

User Info Menu

I’m prepping a bunch of guitars for sale—unfortunately that’s where my playing time has vanished to the past few days. Trying to consolidate the stable down to a more manageable size so that I can focus more on playing and less time fidgeting with guitars. The quiet part is that consolidation also meant one “last” acquisition that I’m expecting to arrive later this week…

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    I’m prepping a bunch of guitars for sale—unfortunately that’s where my playing time has vanished to the past few days. Trying to consolidate the stable down to a more manageable size so that I can focus more on playing and less time fidgeting with guitars. The quiet part is that consolidation also meant one “last” acquisition that I’m expecting to arrive later this week…
    You have a great collection of guitars.
    Good luck with guitars sale.

User Info Menu

As promised, here's GypsyCat. I've never played this style before, so I listened to several tracks by Joscho and Birelli to prime my pump. I love the sound, but that's clearly not enough - a lifelong jazzer absolutely has to change mindset and shed jazz habits to play this properly. I found myself lapsing into what I'm comfortable with several times and had to snap myself out of it in mid lick. I'm afraid that my Tele with both Alumibuckers active is the closest I can come to the sound of a gypsy guitar. I gotta get me one of those things!! And I gotta learn to sweep pick, too.