The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 59 of 59

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    I tried playing this tune but realised my reading isn’t really up to it.

i think I’d have to learn it which kind of defeats the thread point, no?
    I wouldn’t have learned “Punjab” if i didn’t get on the forum and see they were doing this for the tune this week and thats what I like about the virtual jam.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mastodonovan
    Still struggling a bit with this one, hope you dont mind the grunting lol
    I wouldn’t have thought of doing this as a solo tune, but that worked pretty well.

Nice acoustic sound you got there, what guitar is that?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    I wouldn’t have thought of doing this as a solo tune, but that worked pretty well.

Nice acoustic sound you got there, what guitar is that?
    Thanks honestly it could probably use some new strings its usually a little bit more sensitive, could be me though I haven’t played much lately. Its a heritage sweet 16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reg;[URL="tel:1190197"
    1190197[/URL]]Yea... you all sure pick some tough tunes...LOL.

I have an old recording from mid 70's while I was at Berklee... kids at college, anyway one of the ensembles I played in did a bunch of Joe's tunes and recorded the session. It was a very different time, LOL.

I also much later performed with the Big band in the early 90's, with some really great players, Mark Levine, Warren Gale, monster sax sections. ....Man I'm old, last night at Pub with one of the bands I work with, a steel drum player sat in, was really cool, And he's a great sax player. Anyway the tunes somewhat of a 4 tonic thing, we were young and still trying to get the MM harmony references... the harmonic thing was a little muddy. Joe's tune "The Kicker", a blues is much easier and Fun tune.
    This one may be hard but the weekly choices are not all difficult. You may find a basic blues, a ballad, or a ball buster from week to week which makes contributing fun and challenging equally (so long as one has time during week!)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mastodonovan;[URL="tel:1191121"
    1191121[/URL]]Still struggling a bit with this one, hope you dont mind the grunting lol

Wonderful arrangement! Nice take

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_Jazz
    Wonderful arrangement! Nice take
    thanks for calling this tune!

User Info Menu

Still struggling a bit with this one, hope you dont mind the grunting lol

You have very interesting musical ideas.
    Would it be possible to hear your version with some backing track?
    There is an unusual chord changes in this song, and with the backing track it will be easier to hear all these nuances.
    If not, it is ok.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    You have very interesting musical ideas.
    Would it be possible to hear your version with some backing track?
    There is an unusual chord changes in this song, and with the backing track it will be easier to hear all these nuances.
    If not, it is ok.
    thanks, you can always pick up the guitar and play along with the YouTube clip or id be more than happy to analyze a phrase or whatever if you want to just look at minute:second it’s happening.

User Info Menu

thanks, you can always pick up the guitar and play along with the YouTube clip or id be more than happy to analyze a phrase or whatever if you want to just look at minute:second it’s happening.
    ok