Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 38

User Info Menu

John A strikes again :-)

JGBE Virtual Jam (Round 62) - Invitation-bkaper-forum-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This is an excellent tune. It can be done all sorts of ways - fast, medium, slow, swing, bossa, solo... someone said they wanted to do a chord melody. Not a difficult head, either.

User Info Menu

Not familiar with this one. This version got my attention:

User Info Menu

My favorite version!

User Info Menu

Well, there you go, fun and games for everybody :-)

User Info Menu

As we're doing You Tubes, here's the original as played by the composer. Underneath that is Coltrane's version which is very much based on it. And some googling will reveal what the other jazzers have made of it. Pretty diverse.

User Info Menu

I better repost my effort before it gets buried :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Well, there you go, fun and games for everybody :-)
    A very dangerous war is in a country that borders Poland.
    I lost my motivation to publish anything at the Jazz Guitar Forum...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Stay safe Kris. It’s been a distraction for many of us here as well. Come back when you feel up to it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    I'm definitely thinking about it a great deal, too. Let's hope this ends soon and we can focus on helping the people of Ukraine recover, and on music for ourselves.

User Info Menu

Here we go,

Looking forward to checking out how you guys handle it.

User Info Menu

I took the "keep it short, keep it simple" approach literally. I have to finish charts for 21 tunes by Thursday night , 2 of which are someone else's originals that I've never heard - all I have to go by is a bare lead sheet with the intro melody and chords for the rest. The event is a benefit for the club's owner. He kept it open whenever legally permitted while taking all possible Covid precautions, paying everyone, and remaining cheerful through it all. Yes, we all took serious pay cuts when it started - but that's not enough. So 11 of Philly's finest vocalists are putting on a show with my trio backing them all.

JGBE Virtual Jam (Round 62) - Invitation-jazzforjameys_poster-jpg

[EDIT} Instead of my usual hour in the gym this afternoon, I did 30 minutes and came back up to finish this - so here's my take:

Both parts are me on the Eastman 810CE7, comping fingerstyle and playing single string with plectrum.
    Last edited by nevershouldhavesoldit; 03-19-2022 at 04:43 PM.

User Info Menu

Two of my favorite versions (sorry but no guitar on either):

User Info Menu

Some versions that I like:

User Info Menu

No audio. If that should have been a SoundCloud player I'll show you how to fix it.
    Did my post prompt this?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Here we go,

Looking forward to checking out how you guys handle it.
    Nice. Something about the Jack Wilkins version I posted above reminded me of your playing earlier today.

User Info Menu

Not the YouTubes, they're a distraction technique. Easier than playing it :-).

But it did prompt the advice about fixing Soundcloud player glitches. In your post #12 you announced an audio version but there was only a blank space. That's what happens when the Soundcloud player doesn't display.

See here:

Attachment 89867

Well, either that or you just forgot to post it in!
    When I first posted in this thread, I only had time to record the intro - so that’s what was there originally. But I decided to cut my daily workout by enough time to lay down one full pass. You must have looked at it as I was deleting the intro clip, replacing it with the one that’s there now, and adding the explanatory edit for those who might have looked before and not realized I’d changed the clip.

You didn’t see anything because there wasn’t anything there when you looked. Sorry!

User Info Menu

Has anyone else heard/seen Mr Never's clip?

User Info Menu

I can see it (and listen to it) ok on my iPad, here’s a screenshot:

JGBE Virtual Jam (Round 62) - Invitation-d79f5e53-a4dd-454d-930c-e5c71e2618cd-jpeg

User Info Menu

Works fine for me on my Mac. (And very nice it is too!)

User Info Menu

I haven’t checked it on windows, but maybe you need to try the usual things, e.g. clear cache, log out of JGO and log back in, restart PC.

(Edit: works on my windows PC too).
    Last edited by grahambop; 03-20-2022 at 10:05 AM.

User Info Menu

Has anyone else heard/seen Mr Never's clip?
    Yup. Fine on a Mac and an android phone.

User Info Menu

Ok, thanks all.

The reason I'm making a fuss is because someone PM'd me and asked why they couldn't see their S/Cloud player. I couldn't either. I tried posting one of my own and couldn't see it. I emailed S/Cloud and I'm waiting on them. I clean my computer regularly every day but I'll do it again now, see what happens.

I've been wrong before, of course, but this is the first time this has ever happened... and we're talking years and years here. I tend not get computer glitches. Okay, cleaning and rebooting now.

User Info Menu

Done it, very thorough. I'm afraid it's still missing.

Would somebody mind giving me the link you've got for Mr. Never's track? Put an X in it, naturally :-)

Oh, and would someone also post one of your own S/Cloud player tracks in? Just to see if that works too? Thanks.

(I know there's nothing worse than someone trying to get others to sort out their damn computer problems for them but I'm not doing that. I'm not convinced it is the computer and there was another poster too).

User Info Menu

I wonder if it’s down to using the ‘share’ option? I never use that in soundcloud. Just tried and it produces this huge link with ‘social sharing’ stuff added on the end: (edit: this seems to work though, for me anyway):

What I usually do is just copy and paste the page URL like this:

Stream Whisper Not by Grahambop | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Edit: ok that means they’ve changed something. Because the page URL used to embed the player. Now it doesn’t seem to any more?