The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 38 of 38

User Info Menu

That ‘share’ option is very awkward to use though, on the iPad. It doesn’t seem to automatically copy the link to the clipboard, I had to faff about until I was able to get ‘select all’ to come up on the link, then copy it myself. You could easily mess it up.

Another example of someone screwing up something that worked fine before, in the name of ‘progress’?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    Nice. Something about the Jack Wilkins version I posted above reminded me of your playing earlier today.
    I hadn't heard that before. I'd say that's what I aspire to on this tune. The way he combines inside/outside, fast/slow, legato/staccato, phrases, uses sweeps for effect, and builds each chorus - that's what I generally do have in mind. The tones are in the same ballpark, too. But he is light years beyond me technically and conceptually. I can only fantasize about that level of execution.

User Info Menu

Mr Never -

You're saved... or I am! I borrowed a mobile (cell phone) and I've heard it. Very inventive, lots of blues and your promised solo version at the beginning. Sorry about the fuss but it seems we do have a problem with SoundCloud at the moment.

But well played. I can tell you just got back from the gym

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Mr Never -

You're saved... or I am! I borrowed a mobile (cell phone) and I've heard it. Very inventive, lots of blues and your promised solo version at the beginning. Sorry about the fuss but it seems we do have a problem with SoundCloud at the moment.

But well played. I can tell you just got back from the gym
    Thanks! I felt like trying some really outside harmonies, most of which seem to work. Two or three notes are half tone inside inversions that sound OK to me half the time and too dissonant the other half. I’ll dissect it later. I just got home from our Sunday blues brunch and have to get back to preparing for the big Thursday night show.

Happy spring!

David (now aka Mr Never)

User Info Menu

Last edited by ragman1; 04-02-2022 at 01:59 PM.

User Info Menu

I found a cool organ/drums backing track on ye tubes of you and and jammed with it a bunch with an OD pedal I haven't used in a whole (Joyo Tai Chi (Zen Drive clone)).

User Info Menu

I need one more go-round with this tune tomorrow before posting. I find it tricky.

User Info Menu

Which bit?

Don't panic, it's only a tune :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    Which bit?

Don't panic, it's only a tune :-)
    Nah, no panic! I’ll get there. I am just tonight getting the head down and getting lost in the form when improvising. Not quite postable yet. (Not at all digging the Aebersold Volume 59 backing track. Loud, busy organ and latin feel has me all kinds of mixed up!)

User Info Menu

Talking about Latin (which it sort of is, well, Cuban) the current tune's one of yours. I haven't even looked at it yet :-)

User Info Menu

Better late than never. Would like more time with this one.

User Info Menu

Not around here much these days, but had a version of this lying around from a gig. A bit long but it may be of interest for some.
    cheers!

User Info Menu

wzpgsr -

Nice, I liked that, gentle and meaningful. Thanks.