The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

One of the hallmarks of good comping is about making it easy for the other guy. Aside from just leaving space, really listening collaboratively means being willing to compromise your ideas in each micro moment to make things fit. Timing adjustments, harmonic deviations and just breathing all take intense listening to that other guy. I tried this this morning and definitely had some moments better than others.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice! I love the visuals too, Mark - especially the frequent glances to see what your partner is playing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    Nice! I love the visuals too, Mark - especially the frequent glances to see what your partner is playing
    if only the guy on the right was listening…

User Info Menu

I don't think the guy on the right had much to listen to. If he had, he would have had an earbud in one ear.

User Info Menu

Nice work man!! Not so easy to do even if you know the other guy like you know yourself.

The guy on the right is clearly the better player :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    I don't think the guy on the right had much to listen to. If he had, he would have had an earbud in one ear.
    . He was trying to imagine what would happen. The other guy was trying to hold together what did happen

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft
    The guy on the right is clearly the better player :-)
    don’t tell him that

User Info Menu

I would never! That could start an ugly schizoid struggle and break up the ensemble :-)

The art of imagining what might happen is the hard part. The other guy just follows his lead.