The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This question is for my tabs database that I created from a Google spreadsheet. I use this tabs database to help me create my own original guitar solos. I have already completed on this tabs database the first 21 frets including the zero fret doing my own research. But I haven't found a lot of guitar solos that uses the 23rd fret.

For guitar solos that uses the 23rd fret I have already gathered raw material on my tabs database with these songs:

* Buckethead - Binge And Grab
    * Children Of Bodom - Kissing The Shadows
    * Symphony X - Sins And Shadows

But yeah like I said I haven't found a lot of guitar solos in Ultimate-Guitar.com that uses the 23rd fret. I need some assistance here.

It doesn't have to be a rock or metal guitar solo, it can be a jazz or blues guitar solo.

Thanks in advance.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Last night after I posted this I found a bunch of Dream Theater and John Petrucci guitar solos that uses the 23rd fret. I think I answered my own question. But this thread will be circulating around the Google search engines. Just in case someone out there is looking for a catalogue of tabs for the 23rd fret, here it is:

Additional Guitar Solos that uses the 23rd fret:

*Dream Theater - In the Presence of Enemies Part 2
    *Dream Theater - The Dark Eternal Light
    *Animate Inanimate - John Petrucci
    *Curve - John Petrucci
    *Damage Control - John Petrucci
    *Wishful Thinking - John Petrucci
    *Tunnel Vision - John Petrucci
    *Jaw Of Life - John Petrucci

-All of these John Petrucci guitar solos are found in his solo album called 'Suspended Animation'.

User Info Menu

One more thing - I didn't have too much trouble finding a guitar solo that uses the 22nd and 24th frets. 22nd and 24th frets are quite common. The one I had trouble finding was a guitar solo that uses the 23rd fret.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Sioco
    One more thing - I didn't have too much trouble finding a guitar solo that uses the 22nd and 24th frets. 22nd and 24th frets are quite common. The one I had trouble finding was a guitar solo that uses the 23rd fret.
    Not too shocking...anything up that high is likely in the rock/metal realm, played on a guitar that actually has 24 frets...and in that music, my guess is you'd find a lot more E's and D's than Eb's, because of the overall keys those tunes tend to be written in.

User Info Menu

Well it's official, my guitar solo database is 100% complete, including the database for the 23rd fret. But my work is not yet done. The next step for me is to strengthen the database by adding more variables. This next step is more of a lifetime kind of a thing. Something I'll do for the rest of my life. The good thing now is that I can go back creating some guitar solos with my looper pedal once again!

User Info Menu

My Guitar has only 19 frets……

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Not too shocking...anything up that high is likely in the rock/metal realm, played on a guitar that actually has 24 frets...and in that music, my guess is you'd find a lot more E's and D's than Eb's, because of the overall keys those tunes tend to be written in.
    As you say, most music in which a guitarist goes that high is rock or blues. And Eb is the bluest note in the keys of C (3b) and A (5b). So it’s one of the most played notes in the history of blues and bluesy guitar solos.

But it’s virtually never fretted - it’s bent from the 22nd fret or below. So the question is worded to exclude the high Eb unless it’s fretted, which it almost never is.