The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This morning's glimpse into the sort of playing I do for hours on end every day. This is the wellspring for all of the ideas that get used in spontaneous arrangements of standards. It develops the intuitive range of options that we can use to bridge from any point a-z to any other points a-z in endless permutations. But more than that, capturing the vibe and flow of freedom which can transfer to playing on tunes is what I find most compelling. Hope you enjoy and give it a whirl in your own journey. Cheers.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

hey Mark,
    Thanks for all you do... felt musically well balanced and created all those emotional enjoyable things.... or

I liked it... LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reg
    hey Mark,
    Thanks for all you do... felt musically well balanced and created all those emotional enjoyable things.... or

I liked it... LOL
    thank you for the feedback. Happy to hear.

Nice playing, Mark. Some interesting ideas. The importance of freedom to play what you want when you want, and especially against fleeting chords as they whizz by in time is the greatest challenge.

User Info Menu

So musical as always

User Info Menu

Thanks for watching! I really appreciate all comments here!

User Info Menu

Freeform is the wellspring, the font, the mother lode for all we do; and you, mark exemplify the judicious use thereof. Kudos, Sir!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Freeform is the wellspring, the font, the mother lode for all we do; and you, mark exemplify the judicious use thereof. Kudos, Sir!
    Thanks! I know lots of guys had “stop noodling” hammered into them from the start. I always did and still di noodle. Noodles are beautiful and very tasty once you’ve embraced the full potential of where they can take you.