The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 38

User Info Menu

As we enter year 2, id like to see if anybody would like to take over leading the virtual jam.

I will be taking a semi absence from the forum for a bit...nothing wrong, and nothing personal, just going to be recording and doing some seriously overdue shedding for some possible summer gigs that will require me to learn a lot of new material... So I'd like to hand it off for a while. I'll still post here occasionally, I just need to utilize what little free time I have wisely.

I'll be posting one last banger this week. Week 52. Wow. When I started this I was of 3 teachers forced back in person to my school...long, lonely days teaching online from a cold, empty room...and now, here I am, a year later, on the verge of another walk out...its funny, I started this because there were no opportunities to play with others, and then things gradually got better, and now, shit's shutting down yet again.

Anyway...takers?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well, I expect we did wonder what was happening. Sorry things are difficult for you but at least we've done a complete year. That's quite a long time and it seems to have flown. 52 tunes!

I don't think taking it over is quite my thing but I'm sure there'll be someone to do it. I just hope you stay free from the dreaded plague. This place is absolutely secondary to that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    As we enter year 2, id like to see if anybody would like to take over leading the virtual jam.

I will be taking a semi absence from the forum for a bit...nothing wrong, and nothing personal, just going to be recording and doing some seriously overdue shedding for some possible summer gigs that will require me to learn a lot of new material... So I'd like to hand it off for a while. I'll still post here occasionally, I just need to utilize what little free time I have wisely.

I'll be posting one last banger this week. Week 52. Wow. When I started this I was of 3 teachers forced back in person to my school...long, lonely days teaching online from a cold, empty room...and now, here I am, a year later, on the verge of another walk out...its funny, I started this because there were no opportunities to play with others, and then things gradually got better, and now, shit's shutting down yet again.

Anyway...takers?
    I don’t know about taking over this jam but I host a weekly jam on Facebook. Would folks be interested in joining me there ?

We usually go through about 12 tunes.
    I send the list out a day or two earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Oh, nothing's difficult! Just managing my time a bit for a while to get some stuff done, and I want to remove a few things from my "need to remember to do every week" list.

User Info Menu

i was of 3 teachers forced back in person to my school...long, lonely days teaching online from a cold, empty room...and now, here i am, a year later, on the verge of another walk out..
    oh, nothing's difficult!
    ok :-)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    ok :-)
    Lol, what I mean is, my current work situation isn't the reason behind this.

It is weird though...literally facing the same situation I was a year ago here when I decided to START the jam!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doublea A
    Facebook. Would folks be interested in joining me there ?
    Not on Facebook.

You know, before Facebook started, we were repeatedly told 'Never put your personal details online'. Then Facebook came along and you had to put your real name, photos, etc etc. I thought this is insecure with a big I. And so it transpired.

A friend of mine wanted to show me some photos and asked me to join up. So I gave my real email but a false name. They rejected my sign-up because the name and email didn't concur. This was years ago. Now how did they know that? And why did it matter?

So not Facebook. Jeez, they've even had Zuckerberg up before Congress and the Senate! No thanks. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I like it here.

User Info Menu

Not on Facebook.

You know, before Facebook started, we were repeatedly told 'Never put your personal details online'. Then Facebook came along and you had to put your real name, photos, etc etc. I thought this is insecure with a big I. And so it transpired.

A friend of mine wanted to show me some photos and asked me to join up. So I gave my real email but a false name. They rejected my sign-up because the name and email didn't concur. This was years ago. Now how did they know that???

So not Facebook. Jeez, they've even had Zuckerberg up before Congress and the Senate! No thanks. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I like it here.
    No problem. Just offering

User Info Menu

Lol, what I mean is, my current work situation isn't the reason behind this.

It is weird though...literally facing the same situation I was a year ago here when I decided to START the jam!
    You're right, it's one of those odd things, like it's meant to be, but someone will appear. Who knows what tomorrow brings?

But a whole year now. Long time, right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doublea A
    No problem. Just offering

That's okay, I'm sure some folks'll do it.

User Info Menu

That's okay, I'm sure some folks'll do it.
    Yeah, I have had as many as 300 viewers on at one time. Some jams get up 1000 views. Folks seem to like it, so I keep doing it

User Info Menu

Good for you. Got a link? I don't think viewing it needs a login, does it?

User Info Menu

Good for you. Got a link? I don't think viewing it needs a login, does it?
    I am not sure. I will look into it and get back to you.
    Or
    I will see if I can get it to you on this forum

User Info Menu

Anyway...takers?
    Thanks for the vision and the work you put into it!

User Info Menu

Anyway...takers?
    I don't know if I could commit to an entire year, but if the risk is losing this awesome group altogether, I'd be willing to give it a shot for awhile. I won't wrestle anyone for the job—if someone else would rather take the helm, I'd defer.

User Info Menu

I nominate Kris.

User Info Menu

Me Beaumont thank you so much for leading the jam. I’m still practicing and exercising on the very first Whisper Not. I’m just back at forum after a few weeks and be happy to make suggestions but not able to provide the consistent presence.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr;[URL="tel:1170360"
    1170360[/URL]]I don't know if I could commit to an entire year, but if the risk is losing this awesome group altogether, I'd be willing to give it a shot for awhile. I won't wrestle anyone for the job—if someone else would rather take the helm, I'd defer.
    I feel the same way. Perhaps everyone who feels this way could split the duty somehow. Maybe taking the reigns for three months and sending it to next guy. I don’t know the answer but I’ll keep it going as needed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_Jazz
    I feel the same way. Perhaps everyone who feels this way could split the duty somehow. Maybe taking the reigns for three months and sending it to next guy. I don’t know the answer but I’ll keep it going as needed.
    I like that idea, too. To be honest, I think a more experienced player is a better spiritual fit, but like I said…if it means no group, I’ll be happy to take over administrative duties. Some of the rest of y’all will have to provide the inspiration….

User Info Menu

Maybe John will do it!?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_Jazz
    Maybe John will do it!?
    You mean me? I'm a bit on the fence about it. It would be no problem to organize the actual listing of a tunes, but I'm not sure I can commit to learning and recording a tune every week. Real-life stuff is a bit challenging at the moment.

User Info Menu

Ok, I'll do it. If that is agreed:

I'll post a new tune every week, hopefully on Thursdays so it starts on a Friday (same as Jeff did to cover US/UK time differences).

Send me your tunes in a PM, first come first served. I'll probably do the first one. If you don't send them I won't necessarily supply them myself.

I see the role as purely functional. I won't be critiquing peoples' efforts. You can do that to each other!

I will NOT be moderating the thread if war breaks out.

When I've had enough, or my computer breaks, or I get sick, or I die, then I'll tell you. From beyond the grave presumably.

Should be fine. Until we run out of tunes...

User Info Menu

Ok, I'll do it. If that is agreed:
    I'll post a new tune every week, hopefully on Thursdays so it starts on a Friday (same as Jeff did to cover US/UK time differences).

Send me your tunes in a PM, first come first served. I'll probably do the first one. If you don't send them I won't necessarily supply them myself.

I see the role as purely functional. I won't be critiquing peoples' efforts. You can do that to each other!

I will NOT be moderating the thread if war breaks out.

When I've had enough, or my computer breaks, or I get sick, or I die, then I'll tell you. From beyond the grave presumably.

Should be fine. Until we run out of tunes...
    I like it—except the part where you die and haunt us. Compiling a list of many tunes in advance could help minimize the weekly administration time—keeping track of whose week it is, etc. If all the regular participants send you 5 songs now, you could organize / choose them as you see fit and we’d have plenty of ammo to last at least several months.

User Info Menu

Absolutely. Send multiple tunes by all means. The top one goes first.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    I like it—except the part where you die and haunt us. Compiling a list of many tunes in advance could help minimize the weekly administration time—keeping track of whose week it is, etc. If all the regular participants send you 5 songs now, you could organize / choose them as you see fit and we’d have plenty of ammo to last at least several months.
    Great idea.