Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Made a video to trade fours across 3 choruses. Hopefully fun and helpful to practice. I really like practicing structures that promote leaving space, as well as restrictions to force more thoughtful, simpler playing.


  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2
    Okay I'll bite:


  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    I actually did try it, but I had a tough time balancing the sound for some reason. Sounded like I was stomping all over you, but I'll give it another go if I get time.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I actually did try it, but I had a tough time balancing the sound for some reason. Sounded like I was stomping all over you, but I'll give it another go if I get time.
    Jeff - I am honored that you'd considered it! The sound is terrible, no doubt. I've thought about trying to set up a better system for making videos - maybe sometime in the future. Like you imply above, time is scarce, so the iPhone will have to do for now.

  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RunningBeagle
    Okay I'll bite:

    I tried it a little bit yesterday, not recording, just jamming along on an acoustic guitar with your video playing on my laptop's speakers. It was fun. Cool idea. To get further with it, though, I would have to spend some time dialing in the audio a bit. I'll try to get back to it.

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    Hi !

    I'm sorry if I tried, I will try again.
    I just did it, I'm going to bed, my wife might be furious.
    I wake up early tomorrow.

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    Hi Lionelsax,
    Congrats.You play very musical with great jazz sound.
    Cool. You are just a listener of your partner playing.
    Best
    Kris

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Hi Lionelsax,
    Congrats.You play very musical with great jazz sound.
    Cool. You are just a listener of your partner playing.
    Best
    Kris
    Thanks very much, I got inspired by ragman1 but he deleted his take, it was a nice one, really.
    I wasn't very well, I was tired, I was supposed to sleep.
    So today I tried again, the sound is a bit different, I tried to emulate a stratocaster, neck pickup + middle pickup


  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionelsax
    Hi !

    I'm sorry if I tried, I will try again.
    I just did it, I'm going to bed, my wife might be furious.
    I wake up early tomorrow.
    I LOVED this!! Really cool to piece something like that together, and very nice playing! Makes me want to do more of these, and maybe I'll manage to stay in my lane a bit more... Thanks so much for giving it a go.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionelsax
    Thanks very much, I got inspired by ragman1 but he deleted his take, it was a nice one, really.
    I wasn't very well, I was tired, I was supposed to sleep.
    So today I tried again, the sound is a bit different, I tried to emulate a stratocaster, neck pickup + middle pickup

    This one was great too. Heard you match some of the lines, and nice comping too! Agree w/ @kris you're clearly a sympathetic player which is so rare to find.

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RunningBeagle
    This one was great too. Heard you match some of the lines, and nice comping too! Agree w/ @kris you're clearly a sympathetic player which is so rare to find.
    Thanks very much ! Big compliment ! In fact those days I am more used to playing with a looper (maybe it helps because I am sometimes unpredictable) you should post more videos like these. It's original and fun. I had to be aware to do something but it came naturally even if I rarely play with bands.

  13. #12

    User Info Menu

    ! What a great thread !
    Cheers to both of you, I wish I could record...though I might lower the bar a bit
    I hope a few more join in. I'm sorry I missed rags, wth rags? .. the man said it was good.

    Kris, really nice post. When someone takes the time like that,..cheers to you also !

    -best,
    Mike

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionelsax
    Thanks very much ! Big compliment ! In fact those days I am more used to playing with a looper (maybe it helps because I am sometimes unpredictable) you should post more videos like these. It's original and fun. I had to be aware to do something but it came naturally even if I rarely play with bands.
    This shows that jazz is music performed by people, and it is similar in the real world. Musicians playing together on stage have to cooperate and understand each other.
    This is the right direction.

  15. #14

    User Info Menu

    Cool idea, I’d like to give this a try soon as I can. ATTYA is one I don’t practice anymore and this would be a great excuse to review.

  16. #15

    User Info Menu

    I didn't like how the video was, so I remastered it.

    RunningBeagle you were freezing, so I fixed it.