The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21
    Starting the book, Wes Montgomery played along. Cariba has an easy chord progression, but a very difficult theme, especially at up tempos. It's a pity that play along doesn't allow you slow it down . It seems that Wes loves the doric approach to dominant chords, which allows for a lot of pentatonic interchanges.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What format is the music in? You might be able to use the Transcribe! software to slow it down.

User Info Menu

What's the doric approach?

User Info Menu

The free browser extension Enhancer for Youtube will let you slow down videos (among other things).

This is in wave form, I believe it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B
    What format is the music in? You might be able to use the Transcribe! software to slow it down.
    This is in wave form, I believe it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by princeplanet
    What's the doric approach?
    For example, on the IV7 chord, in this case Eb7, play Bb doric, which would be II-7 of the key Ab. For the one chord (Fm) play Eb major, which would be equivalent to Bb7 (Mixolidian). It's easier than it sounds, if you notice, I indicate these scales in the footer of the video.

This is one of my favorite Wes songs. Man, how could he have so many ideias at this tempo.

User Info Menu

I really like the format of your videos, how you show the chord and solo windows simultaneously while displaying the chords and scales being used.

Quote Originally Posted by zdub
    I really like the format of your videos, how you show the chord and solo windows simultaneously while displaying the chords and scales being used.
    thanks. I use imovie to export a first video using picture in picture and then do a second one by entering text for the scales.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MAURICIO SOUZA
    For example, on the IV7 chord, in this case Eb7, play Bb doric, which would be II-7 of the key Ab. For the one chord (Fm) play Eb major, which would be equivalent to Bb7 (Mixolidian). It's easier than it sounds, if you notice, I indicate these scales in the footer of the video.
    Ah! Doric = Dorian

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyLoveHandles
    Ah! Doric = Dorian
    Yes, just a confusion with Portuguese, my first language.