The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 40 of 40

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsclosson
    Not trying to quote. Basically, learning songs in different places on the neck is, to me, sort of an ear training exercise. Hearing the intervals with my ears, then feeling the intervals with my fingers.
    Oh.. Yeah.. Intervals in songs. I used to use that when i trained. Ear training does help in improvisation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EJGuitar
    Oh.. Yeah.. Intervals in songs. I used to use that when i trained. Ear training does help in improvisation.
    That is one of the benefits I am getting. Hopefully I will see other things improve.

User Info Menu

An honest and mindful critic despite the harshest shouldn't owe an apology. But can you take that in return?
    But my criticism was based on mishearing something, therefore the criticism wasn't valid. If it had been valid I'd have stuck to it.

User Info Menu

That is one of the benefits I am getting. Hopefully I will see other things improve.
    Outstanding ear training.
    Often disregarded by musicians and yet it is the basis of every musician.
    By practicing your hearing, you will play an instrument better.
    Practicing the guitar is not enough.

User Info Menu

How to improvise?
    Or
    How to improvise jazz?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Miller
    How to improvise?
    Or
    How to improvise jazz?
    I think it's about jazz because after all, it's The Jazz Guitar Be.

User Info Menu

hahahaha

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    I think it's about jazz because after all, it's The Jazz Guitar Be.
    People talk too much about improvisation sometimes when they actually need to learn how to play…

Probably won’t make me popular, but increasingly think jazz deserves better as a form of music than to be characterised as a process by educators. (Pace Bill Evans, but to be fair he did start off playing a lot of bop lol)

User Info Menu

I thought it was characterised by the performers/composers. Then it's the job of educators to convey that, if it's possible.

User Info Menu

Hi, grahambop.

A good engineer can make an audio file works on any device. Wish I can hire one. Anyone purchasing my stuff can help that.
    True. Anyway I don't think I need lessons currently.

User Info Menu

Hi, folks.

How to improvise?

To be honest, I just make it up as I go along.

User Info Menu

I think that the author of the lesson presented the ideas he uses in jazz improvisation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    But my criticism was based on mishearing something, therefore the criticism wasn't valid. If it had been valid I'd have stuck to it.
    I noticed that total and unjustified criticism most often hurts the author of the criticism.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    I noticed that total and unjustified criticism most often hurts the author of the criticism.
    Criticism is meant to be constructive, not destructive. Even if it's a valid one, sometimes it's an abuse in disguise. Especially in these days, people tend to say anything just because they can. Of course they can do anything they want. But do they emphatize? Do they know what goes around comes around? It's not to prevent them from being abusive, but to remind them.