The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 53 of 53

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ragman1
    I've had permission from the performer (you may recognize him) to post this. Enjoy.

I should try this one again solo just to see what happens.

The little death metal vocalist in the background turns 10 this month. Shit.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    TOMMO, keep at this one, there's merit in a bluesy approach, I think. Or maybe that's just me who plays blues on almost everything
    Thanks - it's some like-minded souls here when it comes to Blues I guess....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont;[URL="tel:1156029"
    1156029[/URL]]

Is anybody else able to internalize a tune much quicker since participating in this?
    I picked up some great tools since starting back in March. I think when I started, my ability to get a hold of the form quickly is equal to that of now but that’s not quite the same as internalizing the tune. It is the same in a way, but you could argue that internalizing the tune transcends knowing the changes. Part of that package is selecting a theme to attack the tune I suppose. I generally attack a tune the same way but for sure have noticed a vast improvement on what I say during the improv. My phrasing has gone from spitting out notes to developing a theme and phrasing according to that idea. I was really coming along until I was promoted to director at work and everything had to go on pause while I invest hours of focus on my new duties. The clip in this thread is a first take without warmup because I already knew the tune and as mentioned I literally haven’t played guitar in 30 days so I’m not proud of the output. The output I’ve posted from September back is stuff I’m really proud of and much of my development came from this weekly jam. I posted every single week, read every comment, considered every point, and put back into my playing what I was learning. We are getting more than a lick or a scale, we are getting that ineffable quality across to each other.