The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Posts 151 to 163 of 163

User Info Menu

So last blast. Screw the head. Let that pan-pipes bloke do it, he's pretty good!

Kris apparently wants me to use a backing track. Very well, but only for a short time. Then I go back to my own backing... but same solo ideas (if you can call them that).

Hope he likes it. I don't :-)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It is important whether the backing track inspires you.
    There are many different backing tracks and you have to choose the one that suits you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    you have to choose the one that suits you.
    That's why I choose mine. Same sound, same guitar, always in tune

User Info Menu

I am inspired mainly by playing with musicians.
    I treat all these backing tracks as a metronome.
    I play a little differently with Aebersold tracks - there often the accompaniment is more natural.
    I have no problem to fine tune the guitar to the accompaniment.
    I like to use Band in The Box because there are so many possibilities to create backing tracks.
    The metronome doesn't get boring then.

User Info Menu

Do you have a cure for this? I cut it opening a can on Tuesday. I'm still going.

JGBE Virtual Jam  (Round 37) - Donna Lee-20210929_135112-xxxxxxx-jpg

User Info Menu

Dressing in a spray.
    When I had a wound on my finger, it helped heal.
    And I already thought it was from Donna L.'s fight.
    Last edited by kris; 10-01-2021 at 01:36 AM.

User Info Menu

It's okay, it doesn't hurt. I think I'll make it

JGBE Virtual Jam  (Round 37) - Donna Lee-2-jpg

User Info Menu

I hesitated to post this. I have struggled to get the tempo up past 170, and for soloing, I find I have trouble even finding my chord tones. So this is several choruses of me hunting for the nearest chord-tone. Most of you will be able to play better than this, and so consider this proof that you can, indeed, do better!

Consider this a cry for help!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    I hesitated to post this. I have struggled to get the tempo up past 170, and for soloing, I find I have trouble even finding my chord tones. So this is several choruses of me hunting for the nearest chord-tone. Most of you will be able to play better than this, and so consider this proof that you can, indeed, do better!

Consider this a cry for help!

Don't worry about the tempo.
    You combine very well with the notes in this tune.I like that a lot.
    You don't play mechanically and I hear you trying to form your own phrases.
    Remember that too fast tempo often turns off your thinking and tightens your hands.
    Good job!
    This is a tune that has to be practiced for years/extremly difficult for guitar/.

User Info Menu

Don't worry about the tempo.
    You combine very well with the notes in this tune.I like that a lot.
    You don't play mechanically and I hear you trying to form your own phrases.
    Remember that too fast tempo often turns off your thinking and tightens your hands.
    Good job!
    This is a tune that has to be practiced for years/extremly difficult for guitar/.
    Thank you for that encouragement. Through all those choruses, I think I did have about 4 or 5 ideas that worked well. I also was puzzled about the correct changes for the last half, since charts vary, so I started just playing it by ear based on what I was hearing from the backing track.

I do love this tune and hope to keep working on it.

User Info Menu

I've been messing around with this a bit. Still don't have the head at tempo/clean, so not ready to let that see daylight, but here's some blowing over over the form.

Last edited by John A.; 10-05-2021 at 03:12 PM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Reviving an older thread....

Smile and good night:

THE Carmen Souza is a fantastic version..Finally, years later(I heard it in my youth but it was total gibberishly free jazz ) I now hear the "melody"......which is/was/has been the base of so many great jazz solos and tunes ....

And what great players here!

Thnx

Ray