Hi Everyone!

Many years ago I made some jam tracks for the modes of the major scale (among others) to jam along with. I decided to put them up on Youtube hoping that they would be helpful for other people too. They are a little bit different than the usual stuff, i.e. they aren't blues or funk guitar vamps. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I did something a little, um, different.

I would love to hear any and all constructive thoughts/input/critiques. Do you think they are helpful? Is there anything you'd like me to do differently? I have others to put up but first I was hoping to get some opinions on this first batch.

For those of you that use these kinds of backing tracks, what do you call them? Literally, I wasn't sure what to call them and I'm not sure what search terms people use when looking for these things.

Thanks!!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You have a synth playing a melodic part on the track. I would probably back that down lower in the mix as to not fight for the limelight.

Thanks for replying vintagelove! That's a good point. I tried to strike a balance where there was enough musical content so that it wasn't too boring but not so busy that it felt too congested to jam over.

Do you think it felt too busy to improv over?
    Last edited by AndrewMartinMusic; 09-11-2021 at 09:38 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMartinMusic
    Thanks for replying vintagelove! That's a good point. I tried to strike a balance where there was enough musical content so that it wasn't too boring but not so busy that it felt too congested to jam over.

Do you think it felt too busy to improv over?

I think even without the aforementioned part, it's plenty interesting.